First week motivation

Options
Just thought I'd share...

I've started and stopped with MFP so many times I've lost count. Today, I finished my first week back on MFP. And I lost 3.5 pounds.

It works! Turns out, you actually have to log everything, even those mini chocolate bars, for this to work. Most times that I've tried and given up on MFP in a week or two because I wasn't seeing any results. I wasn't taking it seriously and actually logging everything I ate.

I also started Couch to 5K this week.* I am so motivated to keep going. I know I've got a long road ahead and more than 3.5 pounds to lose, but I'm taking this week by week and day by day. For those of you who have just started - keep going!

*I am not a runner - never have been. Yesterday I ran for 3 whole minutes. I am so slow that my dog was still walking in front of me while I was running. But you know what - I did it! :smile:

Replies

• Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Wow that is great! You can do this.

I've went from 6 mph on my bike in april to 10.25 mph on it starting last week. Stick with it even if you have a bad day they get fewer and fewer as you go.
  • kerryloveshoward
    Options
    You are an inspiration... I'm in my first week and lost about the same amount. It's great, isn't it?? I'm so proud of you about the running. Just an fyi... you can get the same calorie burn walking on the treadmill at a high incline as you do running, so if your knees start to bother you or whatever, you have that option.
  • Sherilynn1966
    Options
    Wow - thanks for the motivational messages. I've been kind of struggling.... your successes really help.
  • Asha0714
    Asha0714 Posts: 88
    Options
    Just thought I'd share...

I've started and stopped with MFP so many times I've lost count. Today, I finished my first week back on MFP. And I lost 3.5 pounds.

It works! Turns out, you actually have to log everything, even those mini chocolate bars, for this to work. Most times that I've tried and given up on MFP in a week or two because I wasn't seeing any results. I wasn't taking it seriously and actually logging everything I ate.

I also started Couch to 5K this week.* I am so motivated to keep going. I know I've got a long road ahead and more than 3.5 pounds to lose, but I'm taking this week by week and day by day. For those of you who have just started - keep going!

*I am not a runner - never have been. Yesterday I ran for 3 whole minutes. I am so slow that my dog was still walking in front of me while I was running. But you know what - I did it! :smile:

I love this.
  • midnight83
    Options
    im new and was wondering if logging every single thing is necessary and now i see that it is. sometimes i try to keep track of certain things in m y head but it has failed me time and time again. so i will begin to track everything good and bad. and way to go on the 3.5 thats huge when your trying to lose weight :))
  • Catalpa62
    Catalpa62 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It was a harsh reality check when I started logging everything I ate, but I found that it really motivated me to cut out what I didn't need and control my portions. Glad you're back, and way to go on your first week! :D
  • TashiaInKC
    Options
    Great job!

(Do you log the little creamers in your coffee as well?)
  • annkath40
    Options
    Yes on the little creamers.... EVERYTHING. It's a shocking and enlightneing experience. If you're going to make choices, they might as well be informed ones
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!