Protein Bars

Options
Looking for some help on protein bars/ meal replacement bars and the like. I know some use them and there are SO many out there that its overwhelming. Not to mention lets face it some are just plain GROSS:sick: . I know everyone has different tastes but for example we tried the Soy joy bars and one point and they were like eating cardboard. I like the KIND bars and the Quaker Stila pouches (haven't done the bars) to give you all an idea. That is usually what I grab for lunch and like to be able to throw in my purse if we/I am out running errands so I can grab something fast and not eat fast food. Please help.

Replies

• nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I personally like various flavors of the below products

Clif Builder Bars
    Kind bars
    Clif Kit's organic fruit and nut bar
    Pure organic fruit and nut bar
    Kashi chewy granola bars
    Nature Valley Protein chewy bars
    Clif mojo bars
    Gnu fiber bars - cinnamon raisin is best IMO
    The Good Bean fruit and no nut bar (find them at Whole Foods)
    Lara Bars
    Luna Bars - protein and regular ones
    Clif bars
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    May protein bars have a ton of sugar. I like the Nature Valley Protein bars. They are tasty and don't have much sugar.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Not to mention lets face it some are just plain GROSS
    Case in point, I just ate an Isoflex bar and it tasted like crap.
  • baylor110311
    baylor110311 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like the chocolate peanut butter pure protein bars. They don't have a lot of sugar and they are pretty good.
  • Sailorwind
    Sailorwind Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I love the Luna s'mores or chocolate peppermint stick bars. They taste like a candy bar. Unfortunately, the have a higher level of sugar to get that taste, but I usually eat one when I am having monster chocolate cravings because the protein and fiber in it make the calories and sugar more worthwhile to me than grabbing a 3 Musketeers.

I'm not very experienced in protein shakes, but I usually have a case of high protein strawberry Boost around for meals on the go. At 240 calories, they're a bit high for a snack, but when I know I'm going to be out the door without time to have food first and wantt o stop myself from going the dreaded fast food route during my errands, I'll grab one of those and it pulls me through till I can get home to my healthier fridge.
  • Shfiftyfive
    Options
    Quest Bars
    Clif Builder Bars
    Power Crunch Bars
    Pure Protein Bars
    Supreme Protein Bars
  • Mikerails
    Mikerails Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I eat Quest Protein bars (mainly Cinnamon) as my snack most days. Check out the ingredients and you will see you can't go wrong with these. The taste/texture may take a little getting used to, but I love the chewyness.

On days when I have a heavy workout and want a treat, I eat the Supreme Protein bars. The larger ones with 30g of protein are more like a candy bar, but for me they are a reward for a hard workout.