GoodSports/Support Bras for Larger Chests?

Options

Replies

• Hannah645
    Hannah645 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    http://www.shockabsorberusa.com/

These are seriously the most supportive bras I've tried! They have a wide range of sizes. I was a G-cup when beginning this journey, and it was my shock absorber bra that convinced me that I could start running.
  • victoriaannewilliams
    Options
    I've gotten mine from Victoria's Secret. Their sports collection is awesome. They are somewhat pricey, but if you catch their semi-annual sale like I did you will only pay like $12.
  • xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I've only been able to find one good one. It's a Champion and was about $70.
  • ambermichk
    ambermichk Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i HEAR of a lot of great expensive ones, right now i double up, a good supportive lane bryant, hold those puppies up and put it on tight then put a sports bra over it ......... sad , doesnt do what i need..... but one day i can afford a good one !!
  • mermegan
    mermegan Posts: 143
    Options
    All of a sudden I have new male friend requests/messages...why oh why did I post my bra size? Stupid! Stupid! I should know better, but was trying to be helpful to my lady friends!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    My wife swears by her Enell sports bra.
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I heard good things about the Enell bra, so I caved and bought one for myself a few months ago. Unfortunately, I seem to be in between 2 sizes or something .... I tried on the size they recommended for my measurements, and found that it wasn't supportive at all, so I went with a size down. It fit, but I found that I COULD NOT BREATHE in it while running! It was like running in a corset... although it certainly kept the girls in place. Now I use it only for low-intensity stuff like walking.

I like Moving Comfort bras.. they don't restrict movement as much as Enell, but they are far more supportive than other sports bras, and I can BREATHE!

If you can, you should definitely try them on and jump around in them before you buy!
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    All of a sudden I have new male friend requests/messages...why oh why did I post my bra size? Stupid! Stupid! I should know better, but was trying to be helpful to my lady friends!

lol they're so subtle aren't they?
  • mermegan
    mermegan Posts: 143
    Options

lol they're so subtle aren't they?

Oh totally. For some reason I never quite got the same response when talking about protein shakes. Oh well, boys are funny.
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    Moving Comfort are my go-to sports bras. I'm a 38DD and they work well for me. I look for sales at Sierra Trading Post online and I also buy mine at the end of the season because they will discount last season's color.
  • marz31
    marz31 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    G here, and even when I was smaller, the best advice I ever found was double up with a cheapy uni-boob sports bra. got a 3 pack for $10 at wal mart and they're awesome. no racer back that strains my neck even! I spend enough on my regular bras, can't be spending a bundle on 2 bras per day.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Look at Bare Necessities, they have many bras that go over DDD. Enell is a common recommendation but there are others.
  • Cpsnisi
    Cpsnisi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time with this too. Sports bra options for small band/large cup sizes are few and far between.

I ordered a Shock Absorber earlier this summer and I really like it. They're pricey -- $60-70 -- but if you have time to wait you can catch a good sale or clearance on discontinued colors. B4490 is the style I got and one of the few that go to a G cup or beyond. (UK cup sizing, if you aren't familiar, read up before you order or you may end up with a VERY wrong size!!)

I also have a Royce Impact Free sports bra that I like well enough, but it's a bit less supportive than the Shock Absorber. The Royce was less expensive, however.

Panache and Freya both carry larger cup sports bras. They're extremely supportive but IME they do give you a bit of a "torpedo boob" shape.

If you can't find anything locally (and if you're in the US, you probably can't) check out these sites. I've ordered from all of them multiple times over the years and have always had good experiences.
    figleaves.com
    barenecessities.com
    herroom.com
    breakoutbras.com (small shop, small selection, but outstanding personalized customer service, and occasionally... outstanding clearance prices :happy: )
  • Sweetness023
    Options
    OOOOOH my dear; I felt the bounce!! I am only in a couple months exercising but it sure is distracting when you have to hold more then your core muscles in ;)
    I did a shopping expedation one day -- went EVERYWHERE - rebok - adidas - lululemon - big box sports stores - finially I walked into a Nike store and the sales rep was a big busted women -- instead of asking where the bras are -- I asked her if she would wear one of them she said oooh no no no no -- and sent me along to "The Running Room" (I'm sure you could go to any stores that cators to runners)
    The Running Room had a huge selection of high impact bras for all sizes and even for us ladies. I needed a DD34 but they did have sizes that went up to F46. AWESOMENESS!! The rep gave me tons of bras to try on and tips on how they are suppose to fit. She recommended that you usually go down one size from your "everyday bra" also readjust the straps to the tightest fitting so as you tone and such you can continue to adjust the straps for a longer life time of bra as natural wear and tear they will become loose. (if you have ever had a professinal bra fitting the will tell you the same)
    Anyway it was the best money spent. And I am pretty sure I dont frighten as many people as before running down the street!!

Good Luck

Thank you for this! :) I need to see if there's one in the area or if I can find them online!
  • Sweetness023
    Options
    OH! OH! I have the answer to this one! www.enell.com

They are expensive but all you really need is one. Just one. I am in love with mine. I am quite top-heavy, and on top of that, I'm nursing my son so they are heavier and more sensitive too. This sports bra keeps the girls in check. I can actually run in them and nothing, NOTHING moves. Check it out. I'm sold.

I'm looking at the website now. Thanks! I'm not running yet but jumping jacks yesterday was a real pain!
  • Sweetness023
    Options
    http://www.shockabsorberusa.com/

These are seriously the most supportive bras I've tried! They have a wide range of sizes. I was a G-cup when beginning this journey, and it was my shock absorber bra that convinced me that I could start running.

That's fantastic! Thank you. I've been wanting to start running for a little while now but haven't been able to find a good support bra. >.<
  • Sweetness023
    Options

Oh my god I just laughed so hard right now. I've noticed a few invites as well haha. Some people.. I really do appreciate the help though! I was beginning to think I was the only one on here bigger than a DD. :P
  • mayberry310
    mayberry310 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort are my go-to sports bras. I'm a 38DD and they work well for me. I look for sales at Sierra Trading Post online and I also buy mine at the end of the season because they will discount last season's color.

Ditto this. You can go to their website and use their "fitting room" to find the style/size for you and then go to Amazon and find them cheaper.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

Yeah, come on guys - save off her name and wait a week or two. Creepin' skills are lame.
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm a 32H and love this one by Panache: http://www.panache-lingerie.com/panache-sport/collection/21540838/Sports-Bra/21540842

What's different about it (and may cause you to love it or hate it) is that each breast is kind of housed in its own separate cup with a cushioned divider that runs down the center of your chest. It keeps you from having a uniboob, which I see as a definite bonus. Also, the ring on one of the back straps has a small hook that can connect to the ring on the other strap, giving you the option of having it be a racer-back style or not.

It's the first sports bra that I've actually really liked the style of AND it works to keep me from painfully bouncing or having to readjust every 10 minutes. :)