500 calories a day program?

Options

Replies

• mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    So, what about those of us who really CAN't lose on 1200 or more cal?. I've tried.. and tried. The ONLY success i've ever had has been to stick around 1000. Yes it's miserable. Yes I work out (p90x). I've even tried the whole "metabolism reset" thing. NOTHING seems to work. I have resigned myself to having to eat VERY small amounts for the rest of my life. I know that I will never be able to increase my cals without gaining weight :(

What did you do for exercise? Doing strength training along with eating more works.

I do p90x, which has strength training and cardio.
  • bellecoccotte
    bellecoccotte Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I strongly discourage anyone from from following a 500cal/day plan. It is unrealistic since a person needs to gain nutrients from all food groups. I would be starving all the time if i did this and very grumpy :tongue:
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    yup this diet exists, it's called natural selection. It's used to help us identify the dumbest people on earth when they aren't wearing an Ed Hardy shirt

:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    yup this diet exists, it's called natural selection. It's used to help us identify the dumbest people on earth when they aren't wearing an Ed Hardy shirt

^ This
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    OMG yes, I would say GO FOR IT, TOTALLY!!
    Be sure you do cardio only in addition to the 500 calories a day!!!
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    So, what about those of us who really CAN't lose on 1200 or more cal?. I've tried.. and tried. The ONLY success i've ever had has been to stick around 1000. Yes it's miserable. Yes I work out (p90x). I've even tried the whole "metabolism reset" thing. NOTHING seems to work. I have resigned myself to having to eat VERY small amounts for the rest of my life. I know that I will never be able to increase my cals without gaining weight :(

You lost 28 lbs eating only 1000 calories? Are you starving and crabby all the time, cuz I would be. I raised my calories to 1500 when I hit the wall. Now I am losing again. Try a new activity to confuse your body into losing!
  • Show_Stopper
    Show_Stopper Posts: 656 Member
    Options

LMFAO
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    you could just go on the coke diet. the extra jitters make for massive calorie expenditure !

and no. 500 calories a day is insane. just protein for a week is insane. your friend is insane and will prolly gain all the weight back from the little that she can accomplish before giving up for the hundredth time. O.O just eat healthy...
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options

^^ This! :)
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Are you seeing a pattern in the responses yet????
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    ^^ LOL I love it!!

I have heard of it too but it was called the HCG diet ... I unfriended someone a while ago who was doing this ...
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    My mum is following a plan at the moment where she eats normally for 5 days of the week and eats 500 calories for 2 days. she was on a 500 cal day the other day lost concentration and lifted a pan straight from the oven with her bare hands. she has lost 12lbs in about 10 days but for me it just isnt worth it. I couldn,t function on that on a normal day and certainly not a day when I have to work. Also I workout hard I would almost certainly pass out. i would rather lose weight slowly and healthily.

Back when I wasn't ill (totally non-diet related) - I lost about the same - but I was eating about 1500cals and doing strength with cardio...
    Nobody has to eat 500 cals a day unless they've had some sort of surgery and this is the post diet. I've heard of something called Lighter Life, and I think it's the same thing, although I wouldn't say it was worth the money you pay for it.

Good luck if people want to try it and it works though.
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options

You lost 28 lbs eating only 1000 calories? Are you starving and crabby all the time, cuz I would be. I raised my calories to 1500 when I hit the wall. Now I am losing again. Try a new activity to confuse your body into losing!

I lost 40 doing medifast (which was 800 to 1000 cals). I still have 50 lbs to lose and can't lose unless i eat really low cal. I am hungry all the time and kinda crabby too :/
  • musicalsoul207
    musicalsoul207 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Dang, I just polished off about 530 calories for BREAKFAST. I can't imagine having on that small amount for an entire day. Pretty sure my family would disown me because I would be a total b**** on that little food.

Seriously, the only way I could possibly eat 500 calories a day is if I was only awake for about 3 hours and I slept through my meals (I have done this before when trying to get back to regular sleep schedule after working overnight for a month). And you know what happens. I wake up feeling like my stomach is trying to eat itself.

7117000.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • isis2triple0
    isis2triple0 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Dang, I just polished off about 530 calories for BREAKFAST. I can't imagine having on that small amount for an entire day. Pretty sure my family would disown me because I would be a total b**** on that little food.

Hello!!! ok!!! So true!!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Sounds like HCG. It's not a good idea or sustainable, and frankly I would rather stay at my weight forever than supplement with pregnant lady pee and starve myself.
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I was eating around 500 calories a day for 4 weeks after my bariatric surgery. Then I slowly got it up to 800. I have been told by my dietitian to get it up to 1,000 so I stop feeling dizzy after going to the gym. I am still mobidly obese and they want me to eat healthily long term. Oh and the protein thing sounds very much like post op diet. I started with protein shakes so I had room for fruits and veggies.
  • jillebean60
    jillebean60 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Not only heard of it but did it in the form of HCG diet last summer and I lost a TON of MUSCLE in the 28 lbs. lose. It was a diet based in desperation and not intelligence and I'm quite sure I burned some cardiac muscle in there also :( DO NOT think for one minute that it's safe or good in the long run. Sure you lose fast but guess what- it's not all fat! My daughter even had significant hair loss. The body will do what it has to to generate enough to keep your organs viable. Muscle will burn if needed and it will be needed on a 500 cal diet!
  • jillebean60
    jillebean60 Posts: 78 Member
    Options

Bahahahah!!! Thanks for the laugh!
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I highly recommended when using this diet to combine derive at least 300 of these calories from lead paint chips. Why prolong the inevitable ?:drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: