What Does Color Do For You?

Options
ThePhoenixRose
ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
Yellow makes me feel cute. Doesn't matter if it's a shirt, panties, socks... whatever. When i'm wearing yellow i just feel a little bit better about me!

So, i'm curious to know if anyone else has colors you wear that affect you in some way? Good, bad, whatever!

Replies

• _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Actually yes!

I wore black for years (cuz it's so slimming and all blah blah blah) and never enjoyed color.

Then I found jewel tones....and how they make my skin look like porcelain and flawless...

And that royal blue makes my eyes insane and people compliment on it all the time...the same with green. So these colors make me feel sexy, confident, and cool. Purple is my signature color...just about everything I buy, I will buy it in purple if it is available.

I use to love pink...now when I wear it I feel "little". I don't know if I feel like it's to girly for me sometimes lol but unless it's a super dark fuschia (more jewel tone pink), I aint doin it. (granted I have several pink gym shirts but they are still good, and I'm cheap and won't buy new ones until I have to).

Red...red just makes me feel confident and sexy.

I love yellow but it looks meh on me...same with orange...so I'm jealous you can wear yellow and you look good in it too! :)
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I like wearing off-white or cream colored things. It makes me feel so feminine!!!

I don't do it often, though. My wardrobe is mostly blue, gray, black, or brown.
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I have purple running shoes by reebok...they make me feel badass.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I typically hate the color blue. Such as all this MFP blue I'm surrounded by. Despicable.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the colour yellow.
    I feel like it's forcing me to try and be happy.
    Orange pisses me off too.

Green has always been my favourite colour though...maybe I'm greedy and like money?

I feel best when I wear shades of black or white. I feel professional and "clean." whatever the hell that means.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I have a slight green obsession too. Most shades work with my pale skin and red hair. It majes me feel bubbly and fresh. Its my happy color.

That was gaggingly perky.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I like all colors
    6743345_9497.jpg
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    bright electric blues, jewel tone purple, hot pink.

I wore so much black before. SO much.

I love color now. My closet looks so much happier :happy:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I love a lot of colors, but I'm picky about the shade or tint of each color that I like.

I like grass greens, or sage greens. Not hunter greens at all.

I like rich purples, and any kind of plum or pinky purple (but I don't like purply pink, it's a fine line). It can't look like you took a crayola to my shirt.

Blues are probably the least picky, but I really like teals and royal blues, even navy blues especially.

I don't love baby pink, or purply pinks. I like bright pinks and hot pinks.

Orange is usually awful, unless it's kind of muted. I love yellow but mustard-y ones are even better. It doesn't always look awesome on me, though.

I like about any shade of color that's a bit muted or grayed. I love wearing white tops, but of course I stain those without trying. I love a black and white combo and wearing bright pops of color with neutrals.

Navy is one of my new favorite neutrals, especially with white and red. I wish I had more red things.

Above all else, I feel the cutest when my undies match the outfit. Even for pajamas!
  • BabyLeila23
    Options
    Yellow makes me feel cute. Doesn't matter if it's a shirt, panties, socks... whatever. When i'm wearing yellow i just feel a little bit better about me!

So, i'm curious to know if anyone else has colors you wear that affect you in some way? Good, bad, whatever!

Pink does this for me and red makes me feel confident :smile:
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I like brown. Dirty, grayish, multi-tonal, faded brown that you might not even know from looking at it what color it started as, like old worn out leather. Makes me wish I was crust-punk.

Also, Red, but bright, look at me, silky red, like lipstick that doesn't even begin to look real.
  • RocketsGirl
    RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I love purple! I own lots and lots of purple.

Pink makes me feel girly and feminine.

Red without a doubt makes me feel sexy.

I am like you....I love color and usually the color I have on reflects my mood.
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I like colors not black..though I own a lot of black.

I'm in an alternative rock band.. Everyone around me wears black...So .. yeah.

I'm not fond of blue on me, even though its my most flattering color. Makes my eyes BEAM beautiful blues. Natural black hair, natural blue eyes.
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I love black.

I use to think I loved it because it was slimming, bla bla bla, but I've found that it is still my "go to" color when I'm shopping for clothes and shoes simply because I like it.

But that's not to say that I don't like other colors .... I just use them more as accents and even then, they are dark colors ... jewel or royal tones of blue, purple reds and pinks. If I'm wearing a colored top, my bottoms are black. If I'm wearing a black top, then my bottoms can be colored, but NOT pants ... I absolutely cannot stand colored pants/slacks, only skirts or shorts ... even capris are hard for me to purchase in a color unless they are jeans or gray. LOL
  • AshOnAMission
    Options
    Dark Navy & Gold Accents...
    I like to wear this almost daily or, at least a combination of this. The Navy is still slimming & sophisticated...In a “Kennedy day at the country club” kind of way! I love gold accents i.e. jewelry/ shoes/ scarf’s/ purses because it is Fun & FABULOUS!!

This just makes me feel pretty and poised <3
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    White makes me feel innocent. And makes my eyes look darker.
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    i love wearing emerald green and teal, so flattering with my blonde hair and blue-gray eyes.
  • cakelady69
    cakelady69 Posts: 228
    Options
    To wear I love wearing black. Red makes me feel sexy. I love jewel tones too.

My favorite color is orange, but I don't wear it.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I buy everything hot pink without even realizing it. My students make fun of how much pink in on my desk. Pink makes me happy.

I love yellow and gray paired together. It's...soothing. Or modern. Or something.
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Red lipstick makes me feel 1950's glam... and I can rock the look.

Green tops make me feel confident- they bring out my eyes, which are my best feature, and I know that I look wonderful in green.

Black makes me feel kinda muted, but I wear it a lot.