Low Carb Options

Options
My Dr. has advices me to go on a low card diet for weight loss. I have been advised to keep my carb intake to 100G per day. I am looking for Low car fruit options and the best low card vegatables to add to my meal plan. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Green leafy vegetables and berries are the general recommendations I believe. I think cantaloupe is also on the lower carb side.

I also wouldn't stress too much about it, start recording and see what feels right for you. Calories are what really count but reducing carbs (especially starchy/processed carbs) may reduce cravings if that is an issue for you.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I don't know what the best options are but with a 100g you're going to have a ton of flexibility. I keep my carbs around 50g a day (my diary is open) and these fruits & veg are permanently on my shopping list just because I like them.

lettuce
    tomatoes
    cucumbers
    peppers
    onions
    garlic
    celery
    mushrooms
    cabbage
    green beans
    broccoli
    brussels sprouts

strawberries
    blueberries

Good luck, it seems a little daunting at first but there's tons of delicious food you can eat. This low carb guide was a tremendous help as well when I first started eating this way:

LCHF for beginners
    http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf
  • lldelmonte
    lldelmonte Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I do low carb all the time. If you like fruit, stick to the berries. Usually when calculating your daily carbs you subtract off the fiber. This makes berries fairly low - strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries.... Stay away from bananas, pineapple, cherries.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    <100g carbs is easy if you go grain free. Avoid legumes.

Primal diet is a good one, or Paleo.

marksdailyapple.com

Fruit like bananas have lots of carbs... But you can eat TONS of veggies.