Eat more 2 weigh less! It works! (Thank God I took photos!)

Options

Replies

• harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    THANKS so much for sharing your story ! I sincerely wish more folks would understand that you must EAT to fuel your body, must EAT to lose. Not eat anything and everything you want - I think that is where folks misunderstand "Eat More to Weigh Less". Eating more than low calorie that isn't properly fueling your body. AWESOME job and keep on rocking on !
  • onyx1972
    onyx1972 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    OMG! WOW.. What a phenomenal story.. Thanks for sharing.. you look awesome....
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!!! you look terrific!
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Bumping for more exposure :)
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You kick so much *kitten*! Congratulations on an amazing victory!
  • Nichole71
    Nichole71 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started JC 5 days ago and you've totally convinced me to take "before" pix..TODAY. You look fantastic!
  • TonyaBtrfly
    TonyaBtrfly Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your journey! Very inspirational!

:drinker:
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    All I can say is WOW WOW WOW!!!
    Awesome work! Well done to you!
    6 Months from now u are going to be so hot, hehe.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look great! Congrats!
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Wow. That is incredible! It's amazing what we can train our bodies to do and be if we do it properly. You should be so proud!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Your story is truly inspirational.

And your willingness to provide thoughtful, detailed, and lengthy responses to people who are interested in following your approach but are concerned about weight gain and need a bit of reassurance is one of the chief reasons why I LOVE MFP.

Go you!!!
  • SoBodyMazing
    Options
    Great Job!!
  • terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you how glad I am you shared this! I've done a metabolism reset and am eating at 10 to 15% cut at the moment. Haven't lost any weight or inches, but people are commenting right and left on my "weight loss" this week! Wish I'd had the forethought to take pictures like you did. Thanks so much for sharing.
  • oldsalty1
    Options
    Amazing...preach it sister...working on the eating more my self...

Are still burning up the calories at the gym...
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!! I'm glad you took photos too!!! You can totally see a difference....you look so much leaner!!!

I really wish I was brave enough to toss my scale. Maybe I'll finally do it this weekend!!!
  • musiche
    musiche Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: LOVE THIS!!!

Thank you so much for sharing your progress & how much pictures DO HELP & that the SCALE LIES....All of those things you have shown us to be true!!!

Awesome job...You look Fantastic!!

It goes to show if you stick with it, have PATIENCE & don't worry so much about the SCALE you will SEE a difference!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thank you for your kind words!! That put a HUGE smile on my face and gave me a few goosebumps! I am really happy that I took a chance and tried something different, something that so many people are skeptical about...

PATIENCE has always been my biggest issue, I have next to none. I have never had difficulties putting in the work, I will try and try harder until I get what I want, which is why I got so frustrated losing so much weight and then putting in more effort than ever to get absolutely no results. My success only came when I changed how I thought and that had to happen because I changed so much.

My biggest lesson has been that the scale only tells you how much gravity is pushing you down. We need STRENGTH to push back, and that strength comes from muscle and the only way to get that is to eat right, eat enough and WORK HARD at the gym, or at home or wherever you can.

Our goal is to lose FAT, not lose weight. When I realized this for myself, success became mine!
  • musiche
    musiche Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    you look great! i'm going to try this. i joined a gym three months ago and i continued eating the same net amount of calories from before i joined the gym. i've been wondering why the scale isn't going down -- it's actually gone up :(

Screw the scale!!! Lol. I am guilty of not taking my own advice - I still weigh myself every day, but I don't think about the number so much. (I weigh myself in kg because I don't really have anything to relate the number to - i.e., my BMI or my goal weight, they're all in pounds) so when the scale shows me a number, it's just that number with no worries of what that number should be.

TAKE PHOTOGRAPHS!!

I can't say this enough! My weight didn't change, my measurements didn't really change, the only thing that showed me I was winning was this photograph and I didn't even know it until today, 45 days later, when I took the picture. I was honestly hoping to lose a bit before I took my next photographs, but I got impatient and took them today and I was so happy that there was a visible difference! Surprise!

Take photos!

Take photos!

Take photos!

(I can't say this enough! Lol)
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    Wow 3K a day...everyday is a cheat day!! LOL That is great, you look wonderful.

I get a TON of exercise though, very physical. I am a gardener/landscaper, I workout out every day (sometimes twice) and take walks every day too. I burn over 3000 regularly, so it's not an indulgence, but it definitely is nice!

One thing became very apparent to me...

"Eating back your calories" makes sense from a very important standpoint - nutrition. I feel so much better these days and I am sure it has everything to do with the increase in nutrients and calories.

Someone who sits on their but, burns 1700 calories and eats 1000 is going to feel far crappier and have slower progress than someone who burns 3000 and eats 2300 (that's more than TWICE the nutrients with the exact same deficit).

Exercise more so you can eat more - health is most important and the healthy way is truly the sustainable way!

This makes so much sense!! I keep telling my family & friends it's all about eating right, enough & nutritiously!

Thank you for sharing your story & photos! You look great : )
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your hard work is continuing to pay off!

What I love about your post the most is that you have changed the way you view things, from the [stupid] numbers on the scale to how you eat to WHAT you eat. You took a chance, and tried something different, because what was working before ceased to continue to work.

You. Are. Awesome. Well done!:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!