NEW and needing friends :) 100lbs+ to lose

Options
Hey-plz add
Im learning my way around the site and getting started with the logging. i like it. the amount of calories in things is a bit questionable but im no expert. some things you just gotta go with.
-anywho- ive just added the app to my phone as well to keep up with everything i eat right then and there.
-I weigh 295lbs
-trying to lose 1-2 lbs a week
-main exercise is walking. hoping to break out of that soon.

would love to start building a great support system here and make a few new friends along the way :)

Replies

• tmauldin80
    Options
    Congratulations on taking steps to lose the weight! Having a support system is so important! I could use friends too....Good luck!
  • adaffern
    adaffern Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This is truly a great tool when used. I've been here and gone a few times and each time I go, I gain. Each time I come back I lose. I'll send you a friend request.
  • susanhardt
    susanhardt Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Midnight,

Send me a friend request. I would love to give (and take) weight loss tips. Susan
  • kellydilger80
    Options
    hi There!
    Just started.. um 5 minutes ago : ) Starting over with losing weight, lost about 60 lbs with weight watchers but some of it came back, slowly but it did. I just couldnt afford it anymore, thought I would do it on my own. But obviously since I am here now that wasnt the case. Good luck with your journey!

Kelly
  • lachivis
    lachivis Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) I started with a 100lbs to lose too. I'm sending you a friend request.
  • lisa27midd
    Options
    Hi All. I've just started today as well. I have 30+ to lose. If you'd like another friend, please add me :smile:
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I have also got 100+ lbs to lose but I have made goal to lose 100 lbs first in one year and then will see how it goes. I am at 1/3rd of my journey in 5 months and hoping to reach my goal. Feel free to add me, more friends more motivation:)
  • VinoFonseca
    VinoFonseca Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I started with 100+? to loose. Not certain if I need to loose more than 100. It's been so long since I've been skinny, not sure what a good body weight is and the BMI range is ridiculous 112 - 151 .....

Anyway, I'm 50 pounds down with 50 ish to go.

I highly recommend. Weight training. Even if you don't belong to a gym, get some resistance bands and a few weights. I can actually see definition in my arms and legs. Amazing.

And you'll be amazed at what you can do. You just gotta try.

Tomorrow is my weigh in and tomorrow afternoon I am treating myself to a slice of pizza - pepperoni. Yum. Can't wait.

Happy to be your friend if you want. Good luck.
  • SuzieQ2u6
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    My co-worker got me to join, its different, fun but still learning about all that this site

I have 100+ to lose
    -trying to lose 1-2 lbs a week
    exercise is walking with a little weights:smile:

I would love to start building a great support system here and make a few new friends along the way :)
  • catelee03
    Options
    hey! welcome to MFP! sending u a friend request!
  • helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    wooo I have over 100lbs to lose too (I'm English and this pounds/kg thing is confusing but I'm getting there!) I'll send you a friend request :)
  • msteresao
    msteresao Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi

I also just started and have over 100 pounds to loose Feel free to add me
  • CricketLaw
    Options
    Add me too! I'm new here, but I've been on BodySpace for a while. I've got 100 pounds to lose too! :)
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to mfp. This is an awesome site and I really like it. I started with 100+ lbs. to lose, but now have 52 lbs. to go. Feel free to to add me.
  • maizeandblue19
    Options
    I'm also sort of new here and also have 100+ lbs. to lose. My first goal though is to lose 80 lbs. by February. I'd love to be apart of your support system! Good luck! You can do it :)!
  • princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Friend request coming your way :)
  • rnhoppe
    rnhoppe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have lost over 100lbs but gained some back over the last year (30lbs. Gulp!) starting over and doing this with my 9 year old daughter who is overweight. Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • jinjin8
    jinjin8 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I started out with about 120lbs to lose and I am now heady at the half way mark.

I didn't use the community functions of the site until recently but they're great! Friend request coming your way and anyone else, feel free to add me! :)
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    The app is awesome. I love being able to scan bar codes. It makes entering food so much easier, and it ensures accuracy. I like the reports feature better too. I only use the website if I want to read the forums.

I started out with 200 pounds to lose. You can add me. :)
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making this decision and welcome. MFP is a great place.

And I'm open to friend requests, so feel free to add me.