Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New Clothes

erikazj
erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
edited September 20 in Success Stories
Hi everyone,

Some of you will know how long I had to wait to drop my first dress size from an 18 to a 16 (UK)...almost 40 pounds...so I couldn't see myself dropping another size any time soon, particularly as my weight loss seems to have stalled a little (I'm about 20 pounds from my goal so I guess it was going to happen sooner or later). Well, today I tried on some size 14 clothes. I can't quite get in to the trousers yet (I seem to hold a lot of weight around my belly), but nearly all the tops fitted! They are quite loose styles, but they properly fit!:happy: I haven't worn anything that's a size 14 since I was about 15. I weigh more than I did then, so it just goes to show that hitting the gym, and hitting those weights in combination with controlling your diet really can make all the difference. For now I'm just happy that I have some clothes in my wardrobe that have a 14 on the label...to be honest I bought a pair of jeans in a 14 too, and although I can't wear them yet, hopefully it won't be long.

Rather weirdly I also have gone down a shoe size! :noway:

Erika

Replies

• flbeachbuddy
    flbeachbuddy Posts: 77 Member
    wow! you really give me hope! continue with the good work. short and sweet because i am on my bike!

weighed in today and have lost 5 lbs. :-) my ticker isn't updating tho. :-(
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Congratulations!!! :drinker: Such a grand reward to realize the body is changing even though the scale doesn't reflect it. Congratulations once again. :drinker:

Betty :flowerforyou:
  • wow congratulations. im sure.. you'll get their sooner than expected. :)
  • hi, just started myfitnesspal 3 days ago, and it is nice to see that it works with normal people. I can't wait to get back in size 32 (UK man) has at the minute I am kind of overflowing on the 34 and refuse to get a size bigger. It is why I hoping to loose some weight by being healthier in my living.

good luck to you !
  • erikazj
    hi, just started myfitnesspal 3 days ago, and it is nice to see that it works with normal people. I can't wait to get back in size 32 (UK man) has at the minute I am kind of overflowing on the 34 and refuse to get a size bigger. It is why I hoping to loose some weight by being healthier in my living.

good luck to you !

It really can, although I think you are the first person to ever call me normal! :wink:
    My husband has dropped a trouser size just by eating the healthier dinners I've been cooking, even in huge portions and eating his other normal stuff during the day. If he can do it without trying, I am sure you can do it!! Good luck!
  • thanks very much ! The problem now is that I spend twice as much time at the supermarket because I read all the calories labels:laugh:
  • erikazj
    thanks very much ! The problem now is that I spend twice as much time at the supermarket because I read all the calories labels:laugh:
    It does get easier - you begin to learn approximately how many calories things have, and then you just have to fine tune it when you enter it in to MFP! I do most of my logging in advance...it really helps. No nasty surprises.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Good for you!! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!