Good all day but falter at night?

Options
2»

Replies

• RollinwithRach
    RollinwithRach Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    If you have to have some of that stuff in your house because of the others that live there - fine. But make sure there are better alternatives for you to eat (like lite popcorn, fruit, protein bars, etc). And get yourself into the mindset that certain things are for them and you cannot have them. That's the rule in our house. Hubby has his cupboard space and can have cookies or whatever up there and I won't touch them.

Also, maybe you need to eat more during the day. I find that if I'm full enough, I'm simply not tempted.

Or maybe instead of raiding the cupboards you could go for a walk or something (crossword puzzles, crafts, sit-ups, fold laundry, etc) so you're not just mindlessly snacking.

Good call! Sometimes, when I'm so busy I don't even think about food. So going for a walk or doing sit-ups would be a great distraction. I also think you're right about eating more during the day. Thanks!
  • RollinwithRach
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive and has offered suggestions; I truly appreciate it.

And a reminder to the haters, this board is called motivation and support. If you are just going to criticize and pass judgements, don't bother.
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    This is how I live (via Crockpot). I make a really big batch of something and immediately break it down into the correct portions. Also when I grocery shop, I come home right away and prep everything I can. Cutting up veggies (freezing them a lot of the time), individually bagging chicken breasts that I then freeze, make snack bag sized nuts, etc. It helps that then during the week everything is portioned and it makes things so much easier to grab for lunch and dinner.

You can do this! Maybe bring one of those not so good for you snacks to eat during the day, then you won't feel like you need a "reward" at the end of the day for eating well. And no matter what, continue to log. Even on my worst days, I have logged them. It gives you a real picture of where you are at, and looking back, I'll know why I didn't lose weight one week.
  • RollinwithRach
    Options
    This is how I live (via Crockpot). I make a really big batch of something and immediately break it down into the correct portions. Also when I grocery shop, I come home right away and prep everything I can. Cutting up veggies (freezing them a lot of the time), individually bagging chicken breasts that I then freeze, make snack bag sized nuts, etc. It helps that then during the week everything is portioned and it makes things so much easier to grab for lunch and dinner.

You can do this! Maybe bring one of those not so good for you snacks to eat during the day, then you won't feel like you need a "reward" at the end of the day for eating well. And no matter what, continue to log. Even on my worst days, I have logged them. It gives you a real picture of where you are at, and looking back, I'll know why I didn't lose weight one week.

Thanks Becca! I think your way is the way to go!