Is it all right to rest?

Today I'm very sore, tired. I feel cramped, I think my period is coming. I don't feel like exercising today!!! If I just eat the normal 1500 MFP recommends for me, and do some cleaning and maybe walk outside a bit or play some WII, will it be OK if I take a break from the intense exercise today? My goal is to exercise 5 days a week so I can exercise tomorrow instead (I normally don't workout on weekends because I'm very busy with errands).

Thank you. :)

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Nope. You're not allowed to rest, ever. You will most certainly die. Sorry :(
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Nope. You're not allowed to rest, ever. You will most certainly die. Sorry :(

HAHAHA!!

Yes rest!! Your body periodically needs it.
  • bgood24
    bgood24 Posts: 9
    Rest days are just as important as 'workout days'. You'll actually backtrack and potentially injure your body if you don't rest when your body needs too. Your heart is a muscle and needs to recoop especially if you've had high intensity workouts. I would say if you work out 5 days a week, it would be good to put a rest day in there, as opposed to working out 5 consecutive days. (ex workout on mon, tues, thurs, friday, saturday. You can always look at rest days as restorative days (walking, restorative stretching).
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Yes rest!!!! Exercise, although I LOVE it and has many many health benefits.... is not necessary to lose weight. Just stay within your calorie goal, take a much needed rest day and resume tomorrow!!!