Please say I'm not the only one!!

Options
laurcampbell
laurcampbell Posts: 54 Member
standing I look ok - sort of have ab lines on my stomach but if I lay on my back to do crunches or hold plank my stomach looks like a loaf of bread - can I really have that much extra fat?? what the heck is that , how do I get rid of it and please say I'm not alone!!

Replies

• cdub78
    cdub78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    CARDIO, CARDIO, and more CARDIO!!!
  • laurcampbell
    Options

OMG I run soooo much cardio - I am currently training for my 3rd marathon, I think my problem is I either do too much cardio and not enough weights or my diet but I would rather have my loaf of bread than give my my beer, pizza or sweets! haaa
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    weights, weights, weights!!! Compound lifts and lot's of protein!!
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Yep add in weights and strength exercises that engage the core. Squats, lunges, planks, push ups, etc

With being an active runner you need to change up your cardio too. Try HIIT training!! :D
  • jvdx
    jvdx Posts: 57
    Options

Lmao, cardio not even once.
    just eat below your maintenance (aka CUTTING), and you lose weight.
    no cardio needed.
  • John2347
    John2347 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    its all about your diet at this point. If you are training for another marathon and still dont see the abs that you want then you have to watch what you are eating. Clean it up! Abs are made in the kitchen
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    You're not the only one, when I look down at my arms, I swear I see muscle definition, but when I look at my arms in the mirror, all I see are big fat blobs. How can that be?
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options
    its all about your diet at this point. If you are training for another marathon and still dont see the abs that you want then you have to watch what you are eating. Clean it up! Abs are made in the kitchen

This. I have the same problem so I'm upping the protein and cutting back on sugar.
  • dpeaker
    Options

Definitely agree. Abs are made in the kitchen.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options

^^Fail.

Weight training, proper diet.

I have it too, but it's gotten SO much better with weight training.
  • laurcampbell
    Options

My dairy is open and I try pretty hard to eat well balanced meals and plenty of protein, guess I just need to shape it up even more - thanks for the advise!
  • laurcampbell
    Options

^^Fail.

Weight training, proper diet.

I have it too, but it's gotten SO much better with weight training.

Thank you - I appreciate everyones advise and I think I really do just need to up the weight training - it is tough because I am training for a marathon but I will see what kind of weight programs I can fit in! Thanks!
  • laurcampbell
    Options
    Yep add in weights and strength exercises that engage the core. Squats, lunges, planks, push ups, etc

With being an active runner you need to change up your cardio too. Try HIIT training!! :D

Yes, I do varied cardio training already - every week includes 1 day of HIIT - 1 day of XT - 2 shorter runs - 1 long run - 1 speed run (repeats or hills) and 1 active rest day (yoga or pilates) - then I repeat!!
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    you are not the only one...I have noticed the same thing...I don't like it but I don't let it bother me to much...I will just keep going with what I am doing and we will see if it gets better or not. I just avoid doing "plank" in front of people as often as possible :) Or I wear tight yoga pants when I do to hold it in lol
  • tismyhardbody
    tismyhardbody Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    are you sure that this isn't all in your head?
    looking at your pics its hard to believe that you look overweight in your stomach area at all.
    you do know that almost nobody has no over lap or "wrinkles" when they sit down or do crunches right?
  • kalawhon
    kalawhon Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have the same "muffin top" (as I call it) as well when I do plank, but I had a kid too so not sure if that's any difference. Def. agree with abs come from the kitchen, gotta keep it clean, which is very hard for me, love sweets!! ;) Ha.
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options

and she has ab's to prove it
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    are you sure that this isn't all in your head?
    looking at your pics its hard to believe that you look overweight in your stomach area at all.
    you do know that almost nobody has no over lap or "wrinkles" when they sit down or do crunches right?

This.