meatball side dishes ASAP! making meatballs as i type!

Options
I have turkey meatballs in the oven as im typing. Any ideas on side dishes to go with them?

Replies

• littlenoms
    Options
    I eat turkey/chicken meatballs with almost every meal. I'll pair them up with a scrambled egg wrap for breakfast to pump up my protein; with raw veggies & hummus, rice and veg, soup, quinoa, etc. for lunch and supper. They're my fave! :)
  • belliesmom
    Options
    Shpuld i put them in spaghetti sauce?
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Shpuld i put them in spaghetti sauce?

I would make a quick marinara for that.

2 cans of San Marzano plum tomatoes
    3 TB minced onion
    Garlic
    Basil

Hand crush the tomatoes (remove the hard parts). Saute the onion and garlic in olive oil until soft. Pour in tomatoes. Cook down at a low simmer for 30 minutes. Add torn bits of basil.

You can even pour the whole mixture over quinoa, spaghetti squash or what pasta.
  • littlenoms
    Options
    It is totally up to you. Sometimes I do, sometimes I go plain. I add a lot of spice to mine, so they taste just fine on their own. I've also been known to eat them with a little ketchup or mustard sometimes. Mmmm. Meatballs.
  • belliesmom
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I make ground chicken breast meatballs...add balsamic vinegar into the mixture and it adds a lot of flavor. I pan fry mine..then bake them in the lowest caloire tomato sauce I can find..I think hunts topped a tablespoon or two of shaved parmasean cheese. they are delicious.
  • leannehoggdodd
    Options
    I would have them with spicy tomato sauce and cous cous. X