Check this cake out...

Options
michelejoann
michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
...I know, I know...posting a decadent cake on a fitness/wellness site. How awful of me. But this is freaking amazing.

37166850-e090-4323-8095-0306fafbc215.jpg?7365

Replies

• michelejoann
    Options
    it's a Beatles cake. It's so pretty, I wouldn't want to eat it!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Very pretty, but probably not too tasty. Fondant is gross and there doesn't appear to be much actual cake underneath.
  • brbetha01
    brbetha01 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    It is pretty!
  • futurestarz
    Options
    very cool. this song is the theme for my upcoming wedding :)
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    that's some talent right there!
  • michelejoann
    Options
    Of course, the shop that makes this is in Brighton, in England.

The problem there is that I live in America.

Therefore, I cannot have this cake.

I guess I will have to settle for a croquemboche from the local French baker here. ; )
    I hear David Byrne recommends him highly. Hehe.
  • michelejoann
    Options
  • fueledbychange
    fueledbychange Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Very pretty, but probably not too tasty. Fondant is gross and there doesn't appear to be much actual cake underneath.

:O I love fondant. So yummy.
  • HRCephei
    HRCephei Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Cake Boss can do better
  • datantrum
    datantrum Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i am a baker and its my weakness when it comes to my weigh loss.

need friends add me!
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    My boyfriends sister makes AMAZING cakes. the girl is ridiculously talented. This was his cake for his 26th birthday...

tumblr_lyuockuQ591qd1wkro1_1280.jpg

it's the Stargate, with all the details. The whoosh is mashmellow fluff and piping gel.

For his 25th she made a sushi platter cake, even the chopsticks were edible!
  • michelejoann
    Options
    My friend that sent me the Beatles cakes is a professional baker. I also have another friend that does much the same.

My issue is that they're pretty to look at, but not practical in any way. My favorite cake of all time? My mom's chocolate cake. With a little bit of powdered sugar on it.

We have plenty of awesome bakeries in Pittsburgh, I like: Vanilla Pastry Studio (they did Ben Roethlisberger's cake - he's the Steelers' QB), Oakmont Bakery (which is legendary) and Jean-Marc Chatellier French Bakery (tucked away in an unassuming little armpit of a suburban town of Millvale, PA -- but his cakes are to die for!)

I really can't tolerate icing too much. I am WAY WAY picky about it. It has to be light and fluffy and not too sweet - we're talking a mousse-like consistency, or not too sweet butter cream or cream cheese. That sweet crap they put on at the grocery store...blargh. Yucky. I have passed on cakes due to overwhelming icing.
  • michelejoann
    Options

I was reading on their site that they use mostly Belgian chocolate. It's quite possible that it's part fondant/part sculpted chocolate.
  • heytherestephy
    Options
    Ugh i LOVEEEEEE cream cheese icing. just. with all my soul.

i'm a little concerned now though because my boyfriend's mom mentioned something about my birthday. and cake. and his sister.

oh lawd. i once had mac and cheese at their house that i'm pretty sure had a gallon of milk and 2 or 3 lbs of butter in it along with the cheese. really tasty.
  • michelejoann
    Options

i'm a little concerned now though because my boyfriend's mom mentioned something about my birthday. and cake. and his sister.

oh lawd. i once had mac and cheese at their house that i'm pretty sure had a gallon of milk and 2 or 3 lbs of butter in it along with the cheese. really tasty.

I once made pseudo-dingdongs with a cream cheese filling. They turned out amazingly well.

As for mac n' cheese, I am ashamed to admit that I have the Blue Box Blues. I love that nasty ****e.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    11399805277391964_d5sgivBJ_f.jpg

:)
  • heytherestephy
    Options

I once made pseudo-dingdongs with a cream cheese filling. They turned out amazingly well.

As for mac n' cheese, I am ashamed to admit that I have the Blue Box Blues. I love that nasty ****e.

I just love mac and cheese in general. Mac and cheese poutine is like my ultimate comfort food. While Luke's sister is an amazing cook/baker everything she makes is incredibly high in calories, fat, sugar, etc. I have to turn every visit with his family into cheat meal day LOL.
  • michelejoann
    Options
    11399805277391964_d5sgivBJ_f.jpg

:)

YES.
  • michelejoann
    Options
    I just love mac and cheese in general. Mac and cheese poutine is like my ultimate comfort food. While Luke's sister is an amazing cook/baker everything she makes is incredibly high in calories, fat, sugar, etc. I have to turn every visit with his family into cheat meal day LOL.

I MISS POUTINE! I have not had it in YEARS. I had it in Montreal like 12 years ago! SOOOOO GOOOOD!
  • heytherestephy
    Options

I MISS POUTINE! I have not had it in YEARS. I had it in Montreal like 12 years ago! SOOOOO GOOOOD!

I live a few blocks from a poutine bar called Whistle Stop that is 24/7. :(