My journey so far, nearly 50lbs down!

Options
avocado12
avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
I started out in January on Weight Watchers @ 198lbs (just over14st for the UK'ers). I was loosing slow and steady, however I became far too comfortable so joined MFP - the best thing I ever did! I am now 149lbs (10st 9lbs) and just 3lbs away from my goal weight. I am so happy, and so proud of myself. Moral of the story is, don't get fat when you get pregnant, lol!

98ebf37e.jpg

Replies

• Giovannismom
    Giovannismom Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!
  • avocado12
    Options
    Thank you! It's been so hard but so worth it!
  • Farmerj2000
    Farmerj2000 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Looking good, Great work!
  • flamenco92627
    flamenco92627 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go-you look so healthy and terrific!!
  • OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    wow u look great!!! congrats on ur success!!!
  • avocado12
    Options
    Thank you all, it means so much to me to hear your kind words. Loosing this weight has also reduced my PCOS symptoms and hopefully this means baby no2 will come along sooner than hoped!
  • losin_it049
    Options
    Well Done! you look amazing!!
  • avocado12
    Options
    Excuse my awful fashion sense too, I was having a go on the rowing machine!
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Your arms are so much smaller! You look great
  • avocado12
    Options
    Thank you boho - first things to get fat when I put on weight is my boobs and arms so I am pleased my arms have gone down. Lost my boobs though, gone from a DD to a small C!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • gallerygirl21
    gallerygirl21 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You look great! Any advice on how you did it? Regular exercise, etc?
  • annbond1
    Options
    Awesome Job!!! :flowerforyou:
  • avocado12
    Options
    Thanks girlies!

The majority of it is down to Weight Watchers - it's a brilliant programme in my opinion. I don't drive so I walk every where. I walk 1hr a day at the least, coupled with 30 Day Shred everyday @ Level 2. I'm also the Mummy of a VERY busy 2 year old so I think that helps! I also REALLY cut down on my carbs. I haven't eaten white bread, white rice or white pasta in a long while as I know that once I start I cannot stop. My advice would be don't buy anything that could tempt you in the house and always log EVERY bite. If you've got the 'bingey' feeling, log it first and see how many calories you could potentially consume - that usually stops me. Also, brush your teeth once you get a craving .. or because you want to eat for the sake of it!
  • Geni_B
    Geni_B Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    way to go, great job, we have both lost about the same, and started at the same time at about the same weight, But I am pretty short too. I find it amazing though of how many people ask me if I am loosing because I want to or if somthing else is wrong as if I had a illness or disease they didn't know about that forced me to loose without wanting to.. But that is okay I guess because we accomplished our goals, I too am trying to loose those last few stubborn pounds. Keep up the good work.
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Thanks girlies!

The majority of it is down to Weight Watchers - it's a brilliant programme in my opinion. I don't drive so I walk every where. I walk 1hr a day at the least, coupled with 30 Day Shred everyday @ Level 2. I'm also the Mummy of a VERY busy 2 year old so I think that helps! I also REALLY cut down on my carbs. I haven't eaten white bread, white rice or white pasta in a long while as I know that once I start I cannot stop. My advice would be don't buy anything that could tempt you in the house and always log EVERY bite. If you've got the 'bingey' feeling, log it first and see how many calories you could potentially consume - that usually stops me. Also, brush your teeth once you get a craving .. or because you want to eat for the sake of it!

Very true, i cudnt hve certain sweets in my house for a while because i always ate the entire thing... 3000 calories later im hating myself. BUT , through prayer and determination im able to hve sweets in the house (a few things at a time) without eating everything in one day. And ive never tried brushing my teeth, but i've heard ppl say to brush when u want to eat for no reason, how does that help?
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! You look great! Weight Watchers is a great program. In 2010-2011 I lost 60 pounds by doing WW on my own not going to meetings or online. My issue has always been keeping it off though. I get to a point where bad habits start to creep in and I ended up gaining back 40 pounds I had lost by the end of 2011. That's why I decided to have the weight loss surgery Gastic sleeve in June of this year.
    Congrats again!
  • Jamochadiva
    Jamochadiva Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • avocado12
    Options
    Thanks girlies!

Very true, i cudnt hve certain sweets in my house for a while because i always ate the entire thing... 3000 calories later im hating myself. BUT , through prayer and determination im able to hve sweets in the house (a few things at a time) without eating everything in one day. And ive never tried brushing my teeth, but i've heard ppl say to brush when u want to eat for no reason, how does that help?

I find thatonce I brush my teeth, if I eat anything it tastes gross! It's like chewing a piece of gum and then popping some chicken in your mouth at the same time - totally gross!
  • Lanaye912
    Lanaye912 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Congrats on the lbs lost. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!