Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Calorie help please!

Melissa09x
Melissa09x Posts: 29
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
I don't know if anyone is in the same situation but i'm finding it so hard to eat all of my calories! Mfp is set to 1200 calories a day & i am trying to eat quite low carb at the mo, so bread, rice, pasta etc is not included in my diet! I have set my goals to:

Carbs / Day 75 g
Fat / Day 47 g
Protein / Day 120 g

I'm just finding it so hard to eat 1200 calories a day, sounds quite stupid i know lol but i don't want to eat if i'm not hungry! Therefore i'm not really loosing much at the moment probably because of this :( Anyone got any advice pleaseee :) A typical day for me would be:

Breakfast - special k

Lunch - tuna salad & 2 ryvitas

Snack - apple & 15g peanut butter

Dinner - chicken & vegetables

Replies

• Your probably not losing much because your diet isnt balanced and your not eating enough.
    Special K is good for carbs and protien but its really high in sugar and what is the milk your using?

The apple is good but 15g of peanut butter is full of saturated fat and has tons of energy which
    will just get converted to fat in the end

Tuna salad and ryvitas is a really good lunch...so long as the tuna is in brine, or even better would be springwater

Chicken and vegies for dinner is fine but make sure its skinless and uncooked weight isnt over 200g

But overall i think you need to increase what ur eating even if ur not hungry. Cause once you train ur body to eat the right
    foods and stick to your goals you'll find you will get hungry and thats a good thing cause your motabilism is working.

Dont be afraid to eat when ur not hungry...but make sure you are snacking on fruit, vegies or salad so it doesnt contribute to more energy going in

Aslo you need to try and drink at least 8 glasses of water per day this will help flush toxins from your body
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    To add in some extra calories you could try eating a handful of almonds/walnuts, drink skim milk with your meals, add in some yogurt. If you start adding slowly, you'll eventually get hungrier to eat a little bit more.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    I would drop the special K and go for a more hearty breakfast that has more protein, and in your low carb case less carbs. Try eating oatmeal, with raisins or other fruit, eggs are low carb, cottage cheese, yogurt. if you drink milk try buying 2% instead of 1% or 1%, instead of skim this will add calories. add another snack each day, maybe a handfull of nuts and/or seeds.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Add some cottage cheese or string cheese as a snack. A hard boiled egg now and then can be a nice snack. Almonds are great, just watch the quantity. Peanut butter is fine as long as the fat fits in your goals (there is only 2g of saturated fat per tbsp). Use whole milk instead of low fat or skim, or some yogurt.

Nature's Own Sugar Free bread (has no HFCS or artificial sweetener and is 100% natural) is only 50 calories and 11 carbs per slice. I'm able to have sandwiches using this bread, and my carbs stay under 100 (not counting desserts).
  • Your probably not losing much because your diet isnt balanced and your not eating enough.
    Special K is good for carbs and protien but its really high in sugar and what is the milk your using?

The apple is good but 15g of peanut butter is full of saturated fat and has tons of energy which
    will just get converted to fat in the end

Tuna salad and ryvitas is a really good lunch...so long as the tuna is in brine, or even better would be springwater

Chicken and vegies for dinner is fine but make sure its skinless and uncooked weight isnt over 200g

But overall i think you need to increase what ur eating even if ur not hungry. Cause once you train ur body to eat the right
    foods and stick to your goals you'll find you will get hungry and thats a good thing cause your motabilism is working.

Dont be afraid to eat when ur not hungry...but make sure you are snacking on fruit, vegies or salad so it doesnt contribute to more energy going in

Aslo you need to try and drink at least 8 glasses of water per day this will help flush toxins from your body

Yea i should change what i have for breakfast really, cereal had just become a habbit i suppose, i use semi skimmed milk!

Is peanut butter realy that bad for u, i thought it had good fat in it?

Ahh yea i will try to eat more, i just feel like i'm not on a diet when i start eating more lol! Yea i try to drink 8 glasses of water & also include green tea!

Thanks for the help :)
  • To add in some extra calories you could try eating a handful of almonds/walnuts, drink skim milk with your meals, add in some yogurt. If you start adding slowly, you'll eventually get hungrier to eat a little bit more.

Yea i need to add some good fats into my diet, thanks for the advice :)
  • I would drop the special K and go for a more hearty breakfast that has more protein, and in your low carb case less carbs. Try eating oatmeal, with raisins or other fruit, eggs are low carb, cottage cheese, yogurt. if you drink milk try buying 2% instead of 1% or 1%, instead of skim this will add calories. add another snack each day, maybe a handfull of nuts and/or seeds.

I'm definately taking this breakfast thing into consideration, i honestly thought special k was fine to eat! Thanks for the help :)
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Also for cereal, I really like Special K Protein Plus, it has lots of protein, fiber, and very low sugar and carbs.
  • Add some cottage cheese or string cheese as a snack. A hard boiled egg now and then can be a nice snack. Almonds are great, just watch the quantity. Peanut butter is fine as long as the fat fits in your goals (there is only 2g of saturated fat per tbsp). Use whole milk instead of low fat or skim, or some yogurt.

Nature's Own Sugar Free bread (has no HFCS or artificial sweetener and is 100% natural) is only 50 calories and 11 carbs per slice. I'm able to have sandwiches using this bread, and my carbs stay under 100 (not counting desserts).

I'm such a fussy eater, i dont like cheese, eggs or anything like that lol! Yea i thought peanut butter was fine to eat, i am always way under my fat goal! Defo going to start eating yogurt tho!

Oh wow that is low, thanks for the help :)
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Add some cottage cheese or string cheese as a snack. A hard boiled egg now and then can be a nice snack. Almonds are great, just watch the quantity. Peanut butter is fine as long as the fat fits in your goals (there is only 2g of saturated fat per tbsp). Use whole milk instead of low fat or skim, or some yogurt.

I'm such a fussy eater, i dont like cheese, eggs or anything like that lol! Yea i thought peanut butter was fine to eat, i am always way under my fat goal! Defo going to start eating yogurt tho!

Oh wow that is low, thanks for the help :)

Hi, Peanut butter is fine as long as you're staying within your daily fat and saturated fat, I'd stick with the peanut butter if I was you! :D
This discussion has been closed.