MY NEW FAVORITE SNACK! (yogurt lovers!)

Options
Take your favorite flavor of yogurt, and put it into a small ziploc bag!

Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag, and squeeze out small dots onto a cookie sheet.

Put in the freezer for about an hour, and BAM! a fun, delicious new way to eat your yogurt :)

2ueo8ir.jpg

Replies

• just1jules
    just1jules Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    mmm sounds great. Maybe I should try this with greek yogurt?
  • shani251
    shani251 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    ooh! that would be really fun for kids! :)
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!

I LOVE YOU.
  • stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Will definately be trying that - may help with my ice cream obsession - THANKS ;)
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Great idea!! I bet my baby girl would love these too...kinda like dots! Thanks for sharing!
  • HeatherNicoleMomOf4
    Options
    Sounds yummy Thanks for sharing
  • betrayalunknown
    Options
    There was another post for a recipe awhile back, where someone offered a lovely recipe for another frozen yogurt treat:

Basically it was dip frozen blueberries in greek yogurt and place on parchment paper and refreeze...

Have to keep them in the freezer, obviously... but they're good and they keep well.

0% GREEK yogurt ( I recommend Fage) keeps the sugar content controlled, instead of using high sugar yogurt like Yoplait, Oikos, Wallaby, etc.
  • liljgrafix88
    liljgrafix88 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmm that is about to get put in my freezer lol
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I think that I love you.
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I slice banannas and put yugurt on it and then freeze it for one hour. So very yummy. My son lopves them.
  • kadinlucas
    kadinlucas Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    2s1opk7.jpg

I have been eating these for the last couple of weeks. If you can find something similar they are brilliant alternative to ice cream.
    Each one is 49calories and they taste really great. I find freezing my own yoghurt just doesn't quite have a nice texture.
  • ErinGee1105
    ErinGee1105 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    YUM!!!!!!
  • girlznme
    girlznme Posts: 28
    Options
    Gotta try this!!! Thanks
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    this is on my pinterest to try list :D as soon as there is enough space to fit them in the freezer without tipping them up :S :D
  • havs23
    havs23 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    mmm just did this with raspberry greek yogurt and its yummy! thank you for sharing!
  • Pinupdollrawr
    Pinupdollrawr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Amazing idea, thanks for the post!
  • nortx
    nortx Posts: 130
    Options
    I loved the idea of freezing yogurt so I came up with some other creative ways to use this concept. I slice strawberries thickly and top with a dollop of yogurt before freezing. I also top dried apricots with yogurt, mix the yogurt with some dried cut up raisins, apricots, dates and nuts for some added texture and nutrients. All are set onto waxed paper and then frozen.

yd3.jpg

I also take some of the soft energy bars, cut them into 8th and make a little indent in each one. You can use your finger, knucke or the back of a little spoon. Then add some yogurt into the indentation before freezing. It is a great one bite snack. I am gluten and dairy free and made a huge platter of these for some friends - not all of whom are gluten and dairy free. I used all the flavors of the So Delicious Coconut milk yogurts and everyone loved them. I spooned little bits of peanut butter onto the waxed paper and topped them with some chocolate yogurt and froze them. They were the fave of everyone.

If you would like to see a step-by-step with pictures of this recipe, please visit my MFP blog. My Yogurt Dots 2.0 recipe is the second one down.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/nortx

Enjoy!:flowerforyou:
  • kittybear86
    kittybear86 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy. I'm gonna have to try this.Great idea :)
  • GaidenJade
    GaidenJade Posts: 171
    Options
    Bump! I must try this!
  • Rebzan
    Rebzan Posts: 24
    Options
    Awesome idea!! I will have try it out! Thanks for sharing!