Okie Dokie....

Options
I need some help....:)

I just joined the site here today. So far I love what I see. The main reason I have joined is support. I need some friends here that are gonna kick my butt when I need it, but who will also understand what I'm going through...:(

I am a 36 year old mom of 6. (5 boys are mine, and 1 step daughter). The kids are 17, 16, 13, 12, 11, and 2. I run my own licensed daycare out of my home. Since having my youngest son, I have GAINED 30 pounds! I am so depressed about this, and ashamed in myself, but no matter how hard I try, I can't keep motivated to loose it. I can do great for a week or so. Loose a little here and there, but then I fall right back into old habits, and the cycle starts all over. Especially when I go to try on my clothes that SURPRISE don't fit.

I am really looking for a few good friends on here to help me, and hopefully I could help in return. I would love to here from people that HAVE gone through the same thing, or that are going through it right now. Don't get me wrong, my family is supportive too, but they just don't get it. They so see the need or desire I have to get this weight off...

So PLEEEAAASSSEEE HELP....:)

Replies

• 4newtsmom
    4newtsmom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    :( I know I just posted this introduction this morning...Was kind of hoping for a little something from someone. I really am truly needing help.
  • Peggyjoseph0221
    Peggyjoseph0221 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm only 26 and 326 lbs. I need someone to kick my @ss too when I need it, but support me when I'm down. I'm really happy I can see what I'm eating, and others can to. I'm so proud to be doing this, and after 2 days it's a shock to see what I'm eating :)

I hope I can be of some support to you throughout this, and vice versu. I know it'll be a long road for me, but I look forward to sharing it with you and so many others!!

GOOD LUCK MAMA!
  • Peggyjoseph0221
    Peggyjoseph0221 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    whoops I'm 28.......trying to shave off 2 years HAHAHAHAHA. Nice try on my part!
  • danne32339
    danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Since having my youngest son, I have GAINED 30 pounds! I am so depressed about this, and ashamed in myself, but no matter how hard I try, I can't keep motivated to loose it. I can do great for a week or so. Loose a little here and there, but then I fall right back into old habits, and the cycle starts all over. Especially when I go to try on my clothes that SURPRISE don't fit.

I've been there. This is a great place to start. The friends I've made ars so sweet and encouraging and they tell me the truth, not just what I want to hear.
    I can never have too many friends and I would be happy to count you among them.
    Good luck with your goals.
    God bless,
    Doni
  • merecov
    merecov Posts: 3
    Options
    I understand everything you are going through, I am a 41 year old mother of 4 boys (two biological,21 and 19, two special needs adopted, 13 and 9). I have had a hard time losing weight. After the birth of my second son, who is now 19, I just seemed to continue to gain. I would love to have some people to encourage me. Trying to get back into an exercise routine but need to keep it low impact due to damage from osteoarthritis. Would love any advice I get.
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    Count me in for the motivation. I can kick someone's butt just as well as the next. Let's be friends!
  • 29forever
    29forever Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just turned 35 and I need to lose 30 more lbs. I would love to cheer you on. We got this girl! Add me if you would like.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Aussie mum of 5...19, 11, 10, 4 and 5mths. Lost 74lbs, around 35lbs to go. Can add me! 43yo. Never felt better but began same way. I don't critique diaries unless asked for help cos I think it's enough that u log everyday and are accountable and honest to self..even if you have to close one eye n cringe cos you put in something naughty!