Please help me!

Options
HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!! I have been off here for a long time, but I can't get back on the wagon!! I have excuse after excuse and eat rubbish every day and can't stop!! The weight is piling back on now. I just can't seem to eat properly. I start the calorie counting, but then by the end of the day, I am too hungry and then pig out.

I want to lose weight and I want to go to the gym and tone up, but I just can't stop myself from slipping back to my old ways. I don't know how to stop getting to the point where someone has to say I've obviously put on weight, like my father in law did last time, to motivate me. I know I need to lose another two stone (it WAS only 1 stone about 3 months ago), but I am always hungry. The only thin that makes me stop eating is because I feel sick from all the chocolate. I can eat and eat and eat savoury stuff till the cows come home (and then I'd probably eat them too!).

It's really getting me down. I have tried the hypnotherapy audio things that help you to look and think about food differently, but no matter how many times I imagine maggots in my cake, I still eat it.

I just don't want to feel fat and lumpy and bloated anymore, but food is my narcotic, it seems.

:sad:

Replies

• MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    YOu don't want it as bad as you say you do ... You are more comfortable sitting on the couch and eating chips .........

Thats fine........ If thats what you want....

Now if you want to really change you need to stop making pity party posts whining poor me poor me.... Instead get off your *kitten* make a decision to change and do it!!!!!

No one here can help you .. Only you can help you... If you want to pay me to come to your house and get your *kitten* up and throw all your bad food away I can .. You can do it your self for free though .........

As I was saying you need to get your mind right.... You can't change unles syou change your mind set... You cant change unless you go from being comfortable to uncomfortable.. Get out of your comfort zone and get moving, because guess what I got news for you... Your so called comfort zone is really anything but..... Its a jail cell locking you in your own fat body..... Its time to start using your mind to control your body when it comes to eating.. Use your MIND to make better food choices and not your stomach....

When you do start working out its time to start using your heart... When your body is screaming I can't take it any more after only 10 minutes of jogging it takes heart to break through that barrier, because thats where change happens...

Do you want this? Do you want to change.. Then it starts RIGHT NOW...not tomorrow... Not Monday .... RIGHT NOW...... You not only want this you need this....

Make the change..

Or sit on your couch and post on MFP how you are too weak to help your self ....
  • evolutionbyariana
    evolutionbyariana Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Couldn't have said it better myself kaxfenix. Change is uncomfortable and sometimes you just have to suck it up!! Aim to spend three days committed to eating properly and avoiding the junk. Break your meals up into multiple small ones so you don't get too hungry throughout the day. Spend at least 30 minutes a day exercising. Those three days might be difficult, but just keep reminding yourself that it's only three days. By the time the fourth day comes around it probably won't seem so bad, and you can push yourself to aim for a week!

Getting through the first few days is always the hardest, but once the results start to show and your energy levels go up the motivation to continue will follow.
  • annabell48
    Options
    Amen Brother. I couldn't have said it any better. Time to quit making excuses, get off your *kitten* and make the necessary changes that need to be made. I did 9 years ago and have maintained a 40 to 58 pound weight loss for the past 9 years. It's a life style change.
  • TheDrBuchanan
    TheDrBuchanan Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I think that you and I are very similar.

I'm 31, one child, food-lover, hungry all the time. Nine weeks ago, I was 155lbs. Today, I weighed in at 148.

Nine weeks ago, I started working with a nutritionist, and on day one she starts talking about counting calories. My reaction was not positive - I've tried this before, and by the end of the week I'm so hungry I have a day where I can't stop eating everything in sight, totally undoing all of my work for the week. I get overwhelmed, and want to just shut down, but I try it for a week (with 1400 calories - 2lb per week loss - as my goal) and sure enough, it's same-old-same-old. So we talk.

She informs me that the 'daily calories' are geared towards an average person who eats 5 times per day and is perhaps awake for 15 hours or so. Well, it turns out that I frequently have days where I'm actually awake for closer to 18-20 hours (especially on days where I'm trying to squeeze in an early morning workout). In this case, Ms. Nutritionist informs me, there is no way that 1400 calories per day is going to be enough. She suggests changing my goal to 1600 calories (which will still allow me to lose 1lb per week), and trying to eat 300 calorie meals every 3-4 hours. On a short day, I might be at more like 1500 calories, and on a long day I might be a bit over 1600 calories. No matter, she tells me. Just keep fueling that body.

And you know what, it's working. It took a week for me to get the hang of it, but since then I have lost 1-2lbs per week every week. Best part - I haven't felt famished. I never go to bed hungry and by the end of the week I am A.O.K. This advice was definitely a life-changer for me and for the first time ever, I'm addicted to counting my food intake. Perhaps it's the trick you need as well.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Don't try for everything at the same time. It's too big a project.

Go one meal at a time. You can do it.

Alternatively . . .

Just start logging for the first week. Then look over what you're eating and eliminate the two or three worst offenders. Go from there.
  • maraefisio
    Options
    YOu don't want it as bad as you say you do ... You are more comfortable sitting on the couch and eating chips .........

Now if you want to really change you need to stop making pity party posts whining poor me poor me.... Instead get off your *kitten* make a decision to change and do it!!!!!

No one here can help you .. Only you can help you... If you want to pay me to come to your house and get your *kitten* up and throw all your bad food away I can .. You can do it your self for free though .........

As I was saying you need to get your mind right.... You can't change unles syou change your mind set... You cant change unless you go from being comfortable to uncomfortable.. Get out of your comfort zone and get moving, because guess what I got news for you... Your so called comfort zone is really anything but..... Its a jail cell locking you in your own fat body..... Its time to start using your mind to control your body when it comes to eating.. Use your MIND to make better food choices and not your stomach....

When you do start working out its time to start using your heart... When your body is screaming I can't take it any more after only 10 minutes of jogging it takes heart to break through that barrier, because thats where change happens...

Do you want this? Do you want to change.. Then it starts RIGHT NOW...not tomorrow... Not Monday .... RIGHT NOW...... You not only want this you need this....

Make the change..

Or sit on your couch and post on MFP how you are too weak to help your self ....

I fully agree. Perfect answer!
  • roguex_1979
    roguex_1979 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Kick up bum received.

Start now!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

Make the change..

Excellent post..if that doesn't motivate nothing will...

Go for it...you CAN DO IT!!!!!

Baby steps all the way, one meal at a time :flowerforyou:
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Good luck