Lap Banders How many calories are you living on?

Options
Well after about 35 days of logging my food I decided to call the Dr. I'm only seeing one time a year now for check ups.. I noticed the small amount of calories I was really consuming and it was just getting to be to much, I started freaking out thinking I was going to die from malnutrition.

I fell off my wagon for about 5 months of not eating good, so was prob able to consume way more calories at that time, but all with bad stuff. I even quit taking my vitamins and supplements. I came back to get back on track.. But was finding it impossible to reach 1200 calories a day. So I made the phone call... It went really well.. They told me I needed to start taking my supplements and vitamins again and that it wasn't uncommon to only be able to eat between 800-1500 calories a day, that is just how it is and how it will be..

I guess I live in a town where there isn't anyone I know that has had the surgery, and my Dr is in my neighboring state. So it's been kind of hard to adjust. I know there are lap banders here and wouldn't mind having some of you as friends... So I can use your journals as reference if you don't mind on what your eating to get as close to your goals as possible.

Thanks much

Replies

• abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    When I started MFP, I was sticking to the 800-1100 my doctor had originally suggested. Most days now, I try to hit the MFP goals and I actually just feel better that way. I snack a bit more now; I don't just eat three meals and call it a day (though the lady at the weight loss clinic would have a cow if she knew that LOL!).

My best advice would be to listen to what your body is telling you. If you feel good, energetic, etc you're probably doing ok :)
  • suegmune
    suegmune Posts: 81
    Options
    My doctor said to stick closer to 1500 than to 1200, and that 1200 was not enough.
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My MFP goal right now is around 1350. I try to stay near or just below that number and usually find that I'm not hungry and have plenty of energy.
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I try to stay around 1400, but I could easily eat much more than that. I do get hungry and have a growly tummy often. I'm also walking 3 miles 5 times a week.
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am around 1300 to 1500. I feel best around 1500 because I have the strength to work out. Ask to be my friend. I have lots of WLS friends. We need to stick together, it really helps! Hugs!