SBF2 Reboot Boogaloo! Jan 18th

Options
Happy MLK day!

Bye, MM! Safe travels. I guess she left last night.

Husband gets the day off, so we're going to lunch and yoga. Maybe for a bike ride as well. I need to get all my stuff organized. You wouldn't believe the amount of yoga extras required: 5 blankets, bolster, 2 blocks, book, strap, camera, notebook. If you were flying in, you'd have to pack an extra suitcase (which I might end up doing). I also need to pack all my snacks, coffee maker, & breakfast (I have a fridge in the room).

Better get busy!

Travel, boogaloo!

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi Pebbs, traveling and otherwise,

I'm feeling overwhelmed this week. This usually means I need to get more organized. Entropy takes over in my work area, spills over into the rest of the living area, and then into my life, which gives me the overwhelms. My husband does this thing where I have to (auctioneer style) list all the things I'm worried about. I went on for quite some time yesterday, so the best way to help with this (outside of just naming my worries) is to stay organized and make it all seem more manageable. I haven't been pro-active about nipping the entropy in the bud. So, I'm thinking my exercise for the day will involve some serious cleaning/organizing. Ended up at Bikram yesterday, and my training session for today got canceled, and the new gym isn't open, and it's gross outside, so it's a perfect day for staying home and digging out from under all this stuff (which takes the form of paper, primarily) Later today (after the cleaning) I'll do one of my JM DVDs (probably the cardio kickbox one, as it's challenging but short.) I may end up at Bikram, but that all depends on how I'm feeling. I feel a bit over-stretched in my middle back and hamstrings, as I had a good (but exceptionally hot and adrenalin filled) class yesterday. I'll report back.

My workout goal for the week is working out every day until Sunday, which I've turned into my optional day off. Have I mentioned I can't wait for my new gym to open? The word from them is the 25th, a week from today. I'm hopeful.

Have a wonderful time at the yoga seminar/retreat, Mary! Sending positive thoughts in the direction of Russia!

Opposite of entropy, boogaloo!!:flowerforyou:
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! I peeked in last week and then was going, going, going the rest of the week and just couldn't grab a sec to post. Sorry! Hope you all had a GREAT week! I was just busy! This week will hopefully be a bit calmer but my hubby got us an annual pass to the local rec center system so I really want to take advantage of that and use the facilities. Another thing to fill up my days! Aargh! At least it's a healthy use of my time. I want to try out a number of classes to see if there's something I like. ANYWAY, have a fun trip Mary! And, best of luck with the organizing/cleaning V. I think that's on my agenda for the day as well. We have a new mattress coming next week and I need to get my room clean so they can bring it in and set it up.

So, cleaning, boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    A good day. My apartment is tidier, I just had JM kick my butt (cardio kickbox. . .punch drills and jumping jacks galore), and I feel a bit more grounded.

Tomorrow morning: ZUMBA! Yay!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Arggh, I forgot to post yesterday. I had to go to the eye doctor and my eyes were killing me from all the drops and the dilation. I went to the belly dance class with the bad teacher, and it was a little better than the first time. She's still really bad at actual instruction, though - I've just given up on getting all the moves exactly (since she never does it the same way twice) and instead just try to do something that feels like dancing. Much more fun that way. :tongue:

I keep flaking on my pushups, though. Not sure why I haven't been able to get back into them. I've been thinking that I probably ought to change my focus to strengthening a bit more - I just don't enjoy it much and so I'm not very motivated. Tonight is more belly dance.

Mary - have a great time at your yoga intensive (or whatever you want to call it). I saw MM posted on FB a little while ago. V, have fun with Zumba. Hi Niccole! :smile:

Belly rolls, boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Just a quick check-in before I leave for Zumba.

I've also decided this week's theme is "quit worrying about it and just take care of it." I was inspired by the powerful effect of a few hours of cleaning and organization on my mood. So, today, I'm trying to take care of that red-rape-oops-my-very-important-document- is-expired issue. I figure, hey, I'm up early already and my workout is out of the way and my iPod is charged. So, I'll go and then by later today, that will be one less thing. I'm into one less thing right now, just chipping away at big goals. Helps me to worry less. I need to worry less.

Worrywart boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I find that works for me as well - if I just get something done, it's better.
    Hope you find another workout, CP. I find weights so boring.

Well yesterday did not turn out as planned. We have this stray cat that comes around every so often. He's feral and not regular, so we've been wondering some time how we are going to trap him. He's deaf as well. So he walks in the garage yesterday and I push the garage door down. We lure him into a carrier with some tuna (note: this usually doesn't work). We whisked him off to the vet. He was FIV+. Le sigh. We had to put him down (but still had to pay for the neutering, since they already had that done by the time the results were back) - le plus sigh. Now we also have to tell the neighbors with indoor/outdoor cats about him.

We got an hour of yoga in and a 20 minute walk. I'm all packed and ready to go. I look like I'm going on a camping trip: 2 suitcases, 1 duffel bag, and 3 bags of food/water/coffee maker. I'm sure the people at the hotel will raise an eyebrow to the - just staying 4 nights.

Off to the workshop, boogaloo!
  • NTBoard
    Options
    Good morning cp & V! Sounds like both of you have great plans of action for the day. I'm going to drop off my one son at preschool and then head over to the rec center to look around and get a little work out in. Have to get home and clean though. Got a new dishwasher coming on Friday so need my kitchen clean, then the mattress some time next week so need my bedroom clean... It's always something! Have Kindergarten Open House tonight so need to be motivated this morning. Have a GREAT day friends!

Motivation, boogaloo!

PS HAVE A GREAT TRIP MARY!!! Think of the workout you'll get carrying all your stuff! :wink:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Hi! I only have a couple of minutes. Your day is just starting and my day is coming to an end. Very strange. We had good flights coming in and today went well. We got in late last night and it was -22*C which I think is about -7. ??? Today we were out and it was cold but not too awfully bad. We went out this evening and we were half frozen when we got back to the apartment. We realized that being Texans we are not accustomed to temps below zero and should not be outside after the sun goes down. :laugh: I didn't wear all my warm clothes tonight so that's why.
    I like it here alright. The people here drive (and walk around) like maniacs! I'm so glad we do not have to drive!
    We went for our meeting this morning with the dept. of education and we were approved to go see M, but are not allowed to go see her until tomorrow evening. So we may only have a few hours with her this week before we need to decide to adopt her or not. The driver/translator for the agency had a good report about M concerning her health. He said she is very healthy (he talked to her doctor) but that she is very delayed. She has been in the orphanage all of her life, which is why she is so delayed. Tomorrow night will tell us more when we get to see her. I will try to check in and let you all know.
    I lost probably another 3-5 pounds since leaving for Russia. I could not hardly eat anything for about 48 hours. I started eating again today, so the weight won't stay off but it was nice to know I was in the 140's for awhile.:tongue:
    We are doing pretty good. Just very very tired. Hopefully we will get some good rest tonight. We are meeting with friends tomorrow to go sightseeing so that will be fun, then we will get to see M. We got an email from our friends who are watching Alex and they said he's doing great! I miss my little guy but I'm sure he's doing just fine.
    I will check in again soon. Hope you all are well!
    MM
  • cp005e
    Options
    MM! Glad you made it and that things are good so far. Stay warm, and good luck tomorrow!
    Mary, that's so sad about the feral kitty. That does sound like a LOT of stuff - have a great time in Dallas!
    Niccole - way to "boogaloo" with us! :wink: Hope you had a good workout.

Tough class tonight. We are learning choreography for a song that is about 7 minutes long - we are only about halfway through and I am having a hard time remembering everything! She promised that next week we'd start repeating so it wouldn't be as bad. And, I finally did my pushups again. Still week 5, level 2. This week I will get through all 3 days!

Tomorrow I plan to try out my new running shoes. V, I do have a pair of those 2-layer socks, but they never seemed to help much with the blisters. *shrug* I'll try them again tomorrow.

Bedtime boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Morning pebbs,

Today I haven't decided what my workout will be. I may do a (slightly dusty) Hip Hop Abs. I'm not feeling well (stomach issues, probably related to anxiety) and don't really feel like working out, so I need something slightly silly.

I am absolutely in LOVE with Zumba! (all caps means it's true.:wink: ) I think I'm going to have to get some dance sneakers, though, the turns were tricky. My new gym is adding a class (although on the schedule it says "coming soon") and I'm going to suggest they contact the teacher I took it with, as she was awesome. It's the first time in a long time I've been sad when a workout was over. Also, my abs are sore this a.m., which I enjoy.

Hope all is well with everybody. Sorry about the feral, Mary. That sucks that they didn't test him for it before they did the surgery. Still, always sad to have to put a critter down.

Working out anyways boogaloo!:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Hi!
    Another quick post. I don't like sharing my DH's computer. :tongue: I miss being on it for hours. lol
    Today was a busy day. Lots of walking, lots of cold. 5* was the high today and it was snowing. :bigsmile: We met with some friends and took a quick trip around St. Basil (just as beautiful in person). We have lost a lot of time trying to figure out the metros but we are getting there. Russians like to go fast in everything!
    We met M tonight and it went awesome! She is absolutely adorable and so sweet and beautiful! She took to us right away and was hugging on me which was a very good sign! She talked to us a little bit in Russian, very little of which we understood but she seemed to understand us some. I had two dreams about her before I left, both of which came true today! In both of them I got to hold her, which gave me such peace. Today she sat on my lap and was loving on me! The second dream was about meeting her and when we met her we found out she loved Russian poetry and she read us a poem she had written. I woke up wondering what that was all about but it was a very sweet dream. Tonight, only minutes after meeting her she began to speak and for about 30 seconds. Of course we could not understand it but afterward the translator said she just said her first Russian Poem! How crazy is that! That is not coincidence. That is the Lord's hand on this adoption! She is a wonderful little girl. Next step is to fill out paper work to say we want to adopt her. We will also see her again tomorrow morning for an hour. We will get to take pictures and videos after we have the papers notarized, but we still won't be able to post them on the web until the adoption is final. Andrei said it's been taking about 3 months, so it could be April. Seems like a long ways off but it will probably seem like a day in the end.
    Getting lots of walking in and I am trying to eat more. When I get as tired as I am, I just don't care about food. I thought that no matter what I would always care about food but apparently that is not the case.
    It's noon there and 9pm here. DH is anxious to get to bed, so I'd better go. I have a lot of catching up to do with you all next week! Hope you are well!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Well, MM. . .I was a puddle reading your post. Wonderful to hear it's all going well.

I ended up getting a new DVD in the mail today "workout with Jackie power circuit training." None of it was rocket science, but I like her instruction a lot better than Jillian. Jillian's instruction always seems a bit. . .unrehearsed, and after doing her dvds a few times it gets tiresome to wait while she makes "jokes" with people in the video. This was the same length, but I feel like I worked more consistently, and the time went faster.

Also, I discovered that my legs and abs a teeny bit sore (maybe from Zumba). So, that's cool.

How are the feet, CP? and how was the rec center, NT?
  • cp005e
    Options
    I'm so glad that everything went so well with "M", MM. That's so interesting about your dreams, too!

And I'm glad you had fun at Zumba, V! I haven't been in a while - maybe I will try to go tomorrow. I'm a dancing fool. :tongue: I know what you mean about the Jillian videos - the front side and back side ones in particular seem a bit thrown together.

The feet have new blisters. :grumble: I ran 4 miles on the treadmill with the new shoes and the two-layer Wright socks, and to show for it I have a new blood blister at the end of my 2nd toe (this is the one that already lost part of the toenail). Darn. Next time I will try vaseline on my feet! Since it's happening with all my shoes now, I'm really not sure what the deal is. Socks, maybe, or I run weirdly or something.

My abs are sore from belly dance (which, V should agree, is kinda cool :wink:), and my pecs are sore from pushups. Plan for tomorrow is either Zumba or a DVD at home, depending on when I get out of work. And pushups!

Night, pebbles.
  • NTBoard
    Options
    Checking in real quickly... Sounds like everyone is 'feeling' their workouts which means something good is going on, right?! And, SO, SO happy that things are well there, MM. EXCITING times!

I went to the rec center yesterday and 'tried' out the different cardio machines. Probably shouldn't have pushed myself though as I hurt my ankle pretty good. Anyway, hubby said to schedule the personal training sessions so hopefully I'll be able to get someone that will be able to work around my injury and still allow me to get a solid workout. Today I was back at the Wii EA Active Sports workout and I rode my bike. Feeling like I'm getting lot's of exercise in this week which is good, although it's making my muscles feel oh so bad! Plan to go to they rec center tomorrow evening with hubby and I have another on day for the Ea Active Sports so...

Must sleep, boogaloo!!!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Morning, Pebbs. . .

Today is: a light marking session (I finish and get pulled right back in for more.:noway: ) and a noon Bikram class. Followed by some grocery shopping. I ran an experiment for the past few days where I tried to eat all the food I had in the house. I have eaten some bizarre meals (string cheese and raw pecans for breakfast, anyone?) and now I'm officially low on food. I think my husband is actually home this eve, so I'm trying to figure out what to make for an actual dinner together. Then, he goes on the road for the weekend. I'm such a musician widow sometimes.

My new gym just sent an email that they won't be opening until next Wednesday (instead of next Monday). Boo. I'm actually dying for an elliptical session right now. Boo. Oh well, the sun is out. (I'm trying to replace all negatives with positives lately. I'm mildly good at it)

Take care boogaloo!:flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    Options
    Hmm, the site is having issues today - let's see if I can actually get this posted. Zumba last night was awesome - all new songs since the last time I went, and much harder. I was sweating like crazy by the end, and my heart rate actually got up to 170 for a while, which is where it usually is when I run. Cool. One of the reasons (besides scheduling) that I hadn't been in a while was because it didn't seem like as hard of a workout any more, but I guess the teacher decided to up the energy! :bigsmile:

I also, begrudgingly, did my pushups last night. Now I just have to remember to do them tomorrow.

:yawn: I'm sleepy this morning. I don't know if my body was sore, or what, but I didn't sleep well. And I was having anxiety dreams - I hate those. So, no scheduled workout today other than my daily walk at work. I took my measurements today for the first time since November, and basically had no change (slight decrease on hips and slight increase on thigh, but it could be operator error). I've also probably lost a pound or two (I weigh myself most days so I can average out the daily fluctuations - so the ticker says 2 based on today's but I think it's closer to 1). I'll take it!

TGIF boogaloo!!

P.S. We had sun yesterday, too, V - it was so nice. Felt like November instead of January.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Hi!
    I miss you all! I know I've been checking in some but it's not the same. I haven't had any time to read your posts. It has been almost nonstop go go go! Today we didn't even get to eat lunch. I have a lot of stories to tell. I think when I get home I am going to put it on my blog (which I never write in) or on my FB notes.
    M showed a us a different side today. She is not a perfect angel...only when she is in the director's office. We had time with her alone in a different room and aye aye aye! Her halo is bent!:laugh: It was very good for us to see that side before we bring her home though. She is defiant and stubborn. She is very strong. Good thing we already signed the papers to adopt her before this came out. Just kidding. We would still adopt her. Let me tell you, there are some very beautiful, perfectly healthy children in these orphanages. There are 54 in the one she is in and there are over 100 orphanages in Moscow alone. There are over 700,000 orphans in Russia. All of which deserve a good home. These orphanages are nice and clean and they are cared for but they are like prisons for these children. It was very hard to leave M tonight. I cried. I really was not expecting to be upset, especially after her attitude this afternoon, but it really did bother me. We spent about 15 hours with her and we became very attached. So now we go home and do a ton of paperwork and wait for a court date. It could take about 3 months.
    I was starting to feel a little better and more comfortable, but then I got a migraine yesterday, which thankfully didn't turn out too bad. And then my sinus infection started coming back today because I haven't been consistent about the antibiotics. Physically I've been miserable the whole trip, but otherwise I've been doing okay. I like Moscow. I wish the trip hadn't been so rushed but I am ready to get back home and recover and get some good rest.
    We leave at midnight here for the airport and have to wait there for four hours for our flight to leave. I sure hope we sleep on the plane. We will stop in London and if our flight is on time we will go see Buckingham palace over our 6 hour layover. Our day starting at midnight and going to midnight (central time) will be 33 hours. Ugh. I wish we could forward through the next 24 so I can go to bed. lol
    I'm rambling. Sorry. I will try to talk to you all on Sunday I guess. I will try to limit my Russian chatting to FB if I can. Hope you all are well!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Glad that things went well and that you're on your way home, MM. In a way, I suppose it could be a blessing that you get to see all of M's personality so that you're better prepared. (again, I'm thinking of the positive.:wink: )

Couldn't check in this am. . .weird issues w/ the site. Today ended up being a day off, although I did walk home to decompress. Had a challenging teaching day (the students just weren't engaged at all. . .makes it difficult). Other than that, OK. . .When I got close to home, I found it frustrating/exciting that I wanted to go burn off the frustration on the elliptical, so I just got off the bus and walked the rest of the way home. It was helpful (about forty minutes) but cold (the sun was going down and I didn't have a hat or gloves.)

I have a case of the "restless crazies" this evening. . . I think the combination of too much sunlight, caffeine and teaching frustrations has unsettled me.

Restless crazy boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    Options
    I'm having an unsettled day myself. I keep having these dreams and waking up anxious. The dreams are mostly about stupid things like missing a plane, but clearly I'm nervous about something. It could be work (there's talk of a "business transformation plan" coming soon), or, more likely, my dad having surgery scheduled in less than a month. I just feel like eating. :frown:

But, it's sunny out, so I am now going to leave the house and try to get some perspective on myself. I hope MM has a safe trip home (and hopefully a fun layover). Mary's back tomorrow, too?

Beautiful day boogaloo. :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Today I'm aiming for a 3 o'clock Bikram class. Very tempted to talk myself out of it today, but I'm discovering that that "don't wanna" talk is useful to push through.

Anxiety is in the air. I find that during winter if we get a few sunny days, it sort of over-charges me, if that makes sense and I have all this energy that feels unpleasant. Feast or famine.

I relate to the "just want to eat". I've been telling myself that instead of working out, I could lay in supplies and eat for the rest of the day. Bad urges. . .

I told myself at the beginning of the month that if I could get 25 workouts in, I'd take myself reward shopping to Lululemon (I haven't bought any workout clothes in about two years. .. because the pants I like are crazy expensive). As of today, I only have to work out three more times in the next week to hit that target, so I declared victory early. I am now broke, but my booty looks amazing. (I've taken to wearing cropped pants in Bikram instead of the booty shorts, because I worry about cellulite issues and wardrobe malfunctions too much in what are really the equivalent of bathing suit bottoms). I buy expensive pants and then balance out with 4 for ten dollar tank tops from chinatown. . .that's my rationalization, and I'm sticking to it.

Oof. Over-chatty, over-energized boogaloo. . .I think I need to go sweat this out.:flowerforyou: