Have YOU lost 100 lbs or more? (or close to 100)

Options
I would love to hear your story. I was looking through the "Before & After" stories and so impressed with the huge amounts of weight lost. I've tried to "Friend" some people that have posted that they have lost significant amounts of weight since I have a lot to lose. It's inspiring to see, read and hear from those that have been successful, lost it and kept it off.

I would love to hear your story. I am willing to take any advice I can get. This is a new chapter for me and I just want to kick *kitten* and take names!

Tell me your story. Tell me how you did it (Low cal, low carb, weight watchers, etc...) how long it took and what your work out was like. I want to hear ANYTHING to do with you losing 100lbs or more.

Feel free to friend me, no matter how much weight you've lost. I would love the help, encouragement and the friendship.

Thanks!
Jen P

Replies

• ashjdavis88
    ashjdavis88 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've lost ~98lbs. At first I did it with super low carb (ketosis), that lasted around 4 months. When I left the "obese" category I started to eat clean with a moderate carb diet. I feel like I've done it all. low carb, low cal, doing the whole eat more to weigh less, etc. I have found now that I lose 1lb a month on the exact same day each month (I think that's my new birth control being weird, haha) but I am happy with my progress. I eat around maintenace/BMR and exercise pretty regularly. I take long walks and run every once in a while. :) Feel free to ask any questions or friend me if you want.

Oh my "stats" are 23 years old started off around 260lbs, and am now 162lbs. I'm 5'7 with a large athletic frame so I guess I am in the "normal" BMI range, but I do have a lot of loose skin :(

Good luck to you!! :)
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 100 lbs. You can friend me and I will tell you my story in a private msg.
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I've lost 96 pounds. I started in June 2010, at my highest weight of 288.4. Last week I weighed 192.2. I'm 5'5" and I'm still hoping to lose another 30 or so.

I've tried LOTS of different diets before...Atkins, South Beach, Nutrisystem, Weight Watchers. I didn't want to count calories because I knew how to eat healthy, I just didn't do it. But I knew what to do, or so I thought. But what really jump started me was seeing a counselor who asked me to count calories. And I was hooked and it worked for me. It was ASTONISHING to me how many calories were in foods that I thought "weren't bad" for me. In fact, I've lost the bulk of my weight (76 pounds) since joining MFP in June 2011.

I exercise about 4 times a week for at least an hour and a half each time. I started out just walking...at work (I'm an RN), at the mall, around the neighborhood. Now I belong to a gym and go on my days off from work, doing usually at least an hour of cardio and 20-30 minutes of strength training/personal training. I do anything from jogging on the treadmill, to treadmill intervals (keep the incline going up and down, speed up and down), to the stair master, to the elliptical.

Hope this helps! Feel free to friend me if you want!
  • mahlerosa
    Options
    Love these stories...anymore?
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I don't know if my story would be discouraging or not but :) 8 years ago, I started losing weight, I lost fairly quickly at first 70 lbs in a few months, then weight loss slowed down, over the next couple years I lost 145 lbs total, then lost 20 more lbs but didn't maintain that and gained those lbs back. Anyway, I was at a 145 lb loss for 5 years. I have PCOS so I've always struggled and I was having problems with my birth control about 2 years ago, so I switched. I ended up gaining 30 lbs and I tried going to the doctor to figure what was going on but all my tests came back normal. I then had an injury that severely hampered my movement and then I had a death in my immediate family so I ended up gaining an additional 40 lbs. So out of my 145 lbs lost that I maintained for 5 years, I gained 70 lbs of them back.

My injury has healed and I was able to cope with my personal issues which have been hampering me. So I'm back at it, working out regularly and eating well. I know I have a long way to go but I plan to get back down to where I was and beyond.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 180 pounds. I originally started at 380 pounds. and am now about 196 pounds. I started with weight watchers and lost my fist 50-60 pounds with them and then converted over to calorie cycling and clean eating. For most of my weight loss I have eaten around 1800 calories and zigzagged my calories. I still have about 20 pounds to lose and finding this a real struggle...I currently eat about 1600 cals (still zigzagging) but will prolly cut back to 1500 cals soon, I also have PCOS. And as a side note it has taken me a lil over 6 years :)I did keep a journal of the 6 years which you can read at http://kazzsjouney.blogspot.com
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Yes, friend me and I will explain :)
  • remisenforme
    remisenforme Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! Nice job, guys!!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Primal -- see this site http://www.marksdailyapple.com.

It changed my life and could yours too. My lipids are half what they were, blood sugar is normal from pre-diabetic and off most of my blood pressure meds and the remaining to be gone soon.

BTW - My start date was Nov. 3, 2011 so not even a year for 110+ lbs lost.