Newbie here... Have over 100lbs to lose. Need lots of help!

Options

Replies

• msteresao
    msteresao Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi

I just started about a month ago, I also need to loose over 100 pounds, You can add me
  • ellenfairie
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Hi Becky , new here my self and can use support count me as one of your friends.
    Together one step at a time.
  • sweet_basil
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Becky!

It's a huge support system, here (the only thing we're working on getting smaller is our waistlines, really). I sent you a request. I'll help you as much as I can!

Like you, I have PCOS and it's caused an immense amount of problems for me. It's a pain in the rear (uterus?).

Anyway! Good luck with everything and you know we're all here for you!
  • amandamychelle
    Options
    Hey Becky, welcome to MFP! Glad you are here! YOU CAN DO IT!!! :)
  • tabata_t21
    Options
    HI Becky! I need to lose over 100lbs too! You can add me if you want!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! It's great to see you wanting to change your food and exercise habits -- anything you put your mind to, I know you can accomplish!! I'm sending a friend request to you and I hope you accept it. Together we can do this.
  • MrsCaseyLane
    MrsCaseyLane Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat and the support from this website is a big help! Feel free to add if you like. I've got 100 I'd like to lose!
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Hi Becky, I am so very glad that you have discovered MFP!!!!! You are gonna love it!:flowerforyou:

I came here one year ago last July and have loved every minute of it. :heart:

A couple of tips:

If you put it in your mouth, LOG IT!:happy:

Drink your water!:drinker:

Your favorite foods - If you can't work it in, then work it off through exercise.:smile:

Get yourself great supportive friends.

Be very careful when commenting in the forums. Pick your topics wisely. Some members get combative quickly.:ohwell:

And above all, enjoy your journey to a new and healthier life. :flowerforyou:

Wishing you the very best.:flowerforyou:
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    He everyone. My name is Becky and this s my final attempt before I turn to a surgical option to lose weight. I am 5'3 and almost 300 lbs. I need to lose a lot and sure could use all the help and support I can get. Along with my pre-disposed genetics to keep me fat, I also have thyroid disease, PCOS and may have Fibro. Yep, I have fallen apart!! Drop me a line if anyone wants and needs some buddies to help keep them on line, and I will do the same. Lets all help each other.
    Hi Becky,

Having had a surgical option (lap-band), I can honestly say that even if you do go that route, you're still going to need to work to keep the weight off. It's not a magic solution; it's just a tool, just like this site is a tool (to help with weight loss efforts, not to be taken out of context LOL).
  • Live4More
    Live4More Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi Becky. I'm Sherry and like you, I have the genetics, thyroid, and fibro issues. I also have 100+ lbs to lose. So it seems we have a lot in common. I am older than you but I'm glad you're trying to conquer this now rather than waiting. I'll send you a friend request.

Anyone else, please feel free to add me.
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I started with 100 to lose and i am getting there. Slow and steady wins the race. Feel free to add me xx
  • nettersaurus
    Options
    Welcome Becky! You're amazing for reaching out to us for support. The hardest part is asking for help and you did it! You're definitely among friends here. We all have a common goal - a healthier life! I, for one, am definitely here to support you. :happy:
  • emdf7a
    emdf7a Posts: 36
    Options
    Welcome! As someone who loves to eat it was very hard to change my eatings ways but thanks to a coworker, I found MFP. It works and it changed my life. Like I tell other people who have asked me how I lost weight, as long as you are honest with yourself, you will lose weight. I have lost 35 pounds on MFP. Good luck to you and the other MFP users out there! Friends really help!
  • tabbycat533
    Options
    hi becky, I have been on here for 5 weeks, I wont be on here week of labor day cause of no internet but will be back after that. I have lost 11lbs. my goal is 50 lbs right now then a total 100 plus after that. Feel free to add me
  • Betty_Canada
    Betty_Canada Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi Becky;

Another PCOS SoulCyster here... I've been using this site for about a month (I also use Livestrong MyPlate, as I can export that to Excel, where I can't with this) and I would agree about logging everything.

I started out with more than a hundred pounds to lose; I'm down 15 and have about 90 to go. If you have PCOS, you may find a moderate carbohydrate diet such as South Beach is helpful in weight management. If you are insulin resistant PCOS, you may find an insulin normalization drug such as Metformin to be helpful as well.

Feel free to friend me and we'll poke each other (gently, of course...)

-Betty-
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Becky,

We're all in this together and I too have 100 to lose. I'm looking forward to our new friendship.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Surgery isn't a quick fix most definitely. It's hard, but you can totally do it if you set your mind to it! I have a very under-active thyroid, I started at 228 and I'm 5'2. Anything is possible =)
  • WABeachWalker
    WABeachWalker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hello, Becky,

Welcome to MFP. You're doing something wonderful for your health and your well-being. I am seeing an ear, nose and throat dr. next week for my thyroid. I've found that although it's a little harder to lose weight, it is truly not impossible, which is what I had believed before I came to MFP. You will find friends and hope and help here. Wishing you many happy weight losses. You are SO worth it! :smile:
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent! You can do this!
  • holdendame
    Options
    Hi, I also have a lot to lose - 62kgs to be exact! Sounds better in kgs than pounds although harder to lose. My personal trainer recommended this website and I have the app but only started proper today. My trainer calls it "Operation Hottie"! I have had a rough two years but have two beautiful children and am thankful for that! It is now my turn to work on ME .....

Any advice or support or suggestions are all appreciated! Today is the first day of the rest of my life .... :happy: