Hi Everyone - I'm Kelley

Options
Hi All :)

I'm new to the boards and wanted to say hi. I have finally committed the past few weeks to eating healthy and working out in the gym. I go to a gym in Ohio that has something called Team Weight Loss which is a great group of people all struggling to lose weight, and we all do it at *yawn* 6AM on Mon, Wed, Fri. Sticking to going to bed early has been really rough, and not reaching for the junk food has been hard.

My question to all of you, do any of you have a significant other in your life who despite your best efforts to eat well, feels like they sabotage your weight loss efforts? My boyfriend who I love to tears, brought into the house 1 day a pizza from my favorite place. My willpower was tested to the MAX but I didn't eat it, rather put it in the freezer ;) How do you handle having your SO keep the naughty food at bay, so you don't get tempted? What strategies do you use?

Thanks!
Kelley

Replies

• Valicon
    Valicon Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Kelly!!

Congrats on the decision to make a change. Just gettting that far can be the hardest. For me, it has always been easy to enjoy eating. :) And I love all the wrong stuff. LOL

Having a partner that helps in your efforts is a huge help. Having someone who puts a pizza in front of you when they know you are trying to move away from that makes things so much harder. My wife and I have tried lots of things to better oursleves over the years and we both are guilty of sabotaging each other.

Because of that, I have just decided that I need to rely only on myself. Until you can rely on yourself to say no, getting over the hump so to speak will be that much harder.
  • mts3779
    mts3779 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You did the right thing by putting the pizza in the freezer. He may of just thought it was a nice treat for the 2 of you,. He may not of been thinking.
    My S/O is not supportive at all, so I just do my own thing and eat the way I need to.

The S/O is also bringing home Pizza for dinner tonight. I can have a slice as I will incoporate it into my daily food groups.

You are doing great and do it for you and do not get up set with him. I really think he was just trying to be nice.

Keep up the good work. You are doing great!!!!

Mark
  • Chezzie71
    Chezzie71 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    hi kelley... i keep a picture of me looking terribly near by.. so everytime i reach for the junk.. i pull it out and look at it and i find my motivation.. also i put things like a fruit bowl in front of the biscuit tin.. so i have to reach over the fruit to get a biscuit.. and it works as i see the fruit and know that is the option for me.. good luck xxx
  • kelinore
    kelinore Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Those are great suggestions! I have a pair of "skinny jeans" that are 2 sizes down from what I wear now. Once a week I put them on, telling myself that one day these will fit me perfectly! That's been helping me too! Please feel free to add me, I have no friends currently :( I would love to read up on blogs by everyone! I love having a community that is so supportive on here!!!
  • datantrum
    datantrum Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hi add me need friends will add anyone
  • nettersaurus
    Options
    Unfortunately for me, my SO can eat whatever he wants and still keep his 6 pack. I made a rule that he wasn't allowed to bring anything "tempting" into the house for at least two weeks but he could eat whatever he wanted when he wasn't at home. I've allowed him to bring things in that I don't have any desire for to start with though because then he feels like I'm bending a little for him. :)