Fourth nicotine free day

Options
I had a depressive episode about three months ago and ended up re-starting smoking when I unwittingly smoked a joint laced with tobacco, I hadn't had a joint or a cigarette in over a year and a half so it was a bit of a double whammy. I decided the dope wasn't for me but continued to smoke.

I am now on my fourth day cold turkey. It has been no easier quitting just because it's been only three months. In fact it has been harder as my husband re-started also (before me) so I have the added bonus of watching him go out every hour.

I have been pretty tempted, but I am proud to say that I have stuck to my guns.

Replies

• kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I admire your willpower!
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    Stay Strong! You can do it! I am on day 75!
  • Aunt_Kiki
    Aunt_Kiki Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Day 11 here and I feel your pain with the hubby that hasn't quit. One trick that works for me is when I get a craving, I basically chug a glass of water. It distracts my lungs and my brain, AND gives me one more water for my daily goal. HTH - it will pass eventually, you can hang on til then!
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    You did it before and you can do it again. You are wonderful for gettin on the wagon(smoke free at that) again.:wink:
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    My hero!!! :drinker:

I quit last Halloween and sincerely hope to NEVER pick it back up, but I've known too many friends who have "quit" 5 or 6 times before it really stuck.

My husband smokes, too -- and it is definitely a major hurdle! Now I won't get into his car anymore. I just can't do it!

Stay strong and when you feel yourself waivering, drown out those cravings with the sound of how AWESOME you are!!! :heart:
  • marvelmo
    marvelmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    your body, lungs and teeth thank you!
    hang in there
  • skinnyskittles
    Options
    not smoking is the shiz... 2 + weeks now and I don't even count the days it feels that good
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    You might want to give " The easy way to quit smoking" by Allen Carr a read if you haven't already. Excellent book that will dispel any myths about smoking. I tried everything to quit ( well almost) and his book really nailed it for me. You can do it, just think about all the physical activities you will be able to enjoy as a non-smoker. :smile: No more nasty stink on your clothes. :happy: Great for you, the hard day was yesterday, day 4 you will have no nicotine left in your body...:noway: Slay the little demon.
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! My husband is trying to quit, but he's having a hard time. He quit for about a year and he's back at it now. I know it's a struggle, but you can do it!
  • SnTsMum
    SnTsMum Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You people are all wonderful, thank you for your kind words, they really made me smile :D
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    You can do it again!

party0011.gif
  • SnTsMum
    Options
    Day number 6 :D woot!
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Good for you! Me and my hubby have both quit together and are also on day 6! We can do this! ;D
  • SnTsMum
    Options
    Yay!!! A quitting buddy :D