gps watches?

Options
what do people suggest for the gps watches? i currently have a polar heart rate monitor ft7 model and i think im going to sell it and get a gps watch as i would like something that calculates distance i run/walk

Replies

• cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I have a regular HRM (Polar...something), but I use Endomondo (a free app) that uses a GPS to calculate distance and speed. It works well, and the price is right.

Good luck! <3
  • teally13
    teally13 Posts: 30
    Options
    I have a Garmin Forerunner 610 which I like but it is quite chunky and expensive.
  • JenJen0932
    JenJen0932 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Love the Endomondo app, I use it on my BlackBerry every single day. Seeing times, distances, calories burned has helped me lose 88.5 pounds (so far!). That and MFP. :)

Oh, and it's free!
  • libbygrl
    libbygrl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started out by using Endomondo on my phone, but then got tired of taking it out of my belt to check it all the time and hearing it say that it was pausing continuously, so I gave in and bought a Garmin Forerunner 110. It's the simplest model, and you can get it with or without a HRM (I bought it with to kill two birds with one stone). For the heck of it, I decided to use both for a few days, and each time the Garmin showed a distance at least .10 farther than Endomondo.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I have a garmin 405 love it!