Paleo eaters

Options
I try to maintain a 85/15 paleo diet. (Not diet in the sense of fad diet, but as a lifestyle choice)
I am always in search of great paleo snack ideas. I try to eat every 3hrs to keep the metabolism going strong.
Any suggestions???

Replies

• TheYoungRetiree
    TheYoungRetiree Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just started today! I made Paleo candy bars to nibble on. I blogged about them here (http://www.theyoungretiree.com/2012/08/trying-my-first-paleo-recipe-paleo.html)

I have also stocked up on veggies like tomatoes, cauliflower, and broccoli that I could just munch on.

You can check out some of the recipes I've found on a website called Paleo Plan: http://www.paleoplan.com/recipes/#Snacks

Good luck! How have you been doing?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Follows the Paleo diet and eats every 3 hrs to keep the metabolism going strong? Sounds about right to me
  • Captain_Spatchcock
    Options
    I never ate a paleo but I ate a vegetarian and she was great.
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I usually have a baggie of almonds and dried fruit (which I guess should be limited?) with me almost always. I'll also buy bags of pre-washed green beans to snack on. Beef jerky (careful of ingredients) is always a good option, as are kale chips. You can make your own, since the ones at Whole Foods are ridiculously expensive.

When in doubt, a spoonful of coconut butter makes me ridiculously happy. ;D
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

:angry:
    i told you not to talk about that here.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

:angry:
    i told you not to talk about that here.

Not only did he tell....he sent me the "O" face pics.
    Love ya Jules........*goes to google Paleo*
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

We are very tasty you know!!
  • karynmillar
    Options
    Pears drizzled in balsamic reduction (I like Trader Joes) wrapped in prosciutto and baked for 30 mins!

Brusell sprouts..par boiled and fried with prosciutto (you can use coconut oil or just a really good pan)

roasted red pepper, stuffed with cauliflower rice, chicken, beets and spinach (AMAZING!)
  • hopsonc24
    hopsonc24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    that is hilarious!!
  • hopsonc24
    Options
    Great Ideas. Thank you for sharing!!
  • hopsonc24
    Options
    I cook with coconut oil all day, every day, but eating a spoonful plain????? Im not sure about that!!!

I too do the nuts and dried fruit. Always a good option in moderation. I think I am going to attempt to make my own jerky!!
  • hopsonc24
    Options
    I have been eating paleo for almost 2 months. I love it. Overall its has been going excellent. I went to the beach this past weekend for my bday and had a few beers and other unhealthy choices of food, and I am paying for it today. Which is good, it should keep me on track going forward. Its amazing how quickly are body can adjust to what we eat, and how quickly it can remind us the old ways are no good!!!
  • hopsonc24
    Options
    I just started today! I made Paleo candy bars to nibble on. I blogged about them here (http://www.theyoungretiree.com/2012/08/trying-my-first-paleo-recipe-paleo.html)

I have also stocked up on veggies like tomatoes, cauliflower, and broccoli that I could just munch on.

You can check out some of the recipes I've found on a website called Paleo Plan: http://www.paleoplan.com/recipes/#Snacks

I have been eating paleo for almost 2 months. I love it. Overall its has been going excellent. I went to the beach this past weekend for my bday and had a few beers and other unhealthy choices of food, and I am paying for it today. Which is good, it should keep me on track going forward. Its amazing how quickly are body can adjust to what we eat, and how quickly it can remind us the old ways are no good!!!
  • msdivine26
    Options
    I just started Paleo on Tuesday so I can kick my sugar and carb addictions. So far, so good, though I'm still learning what balance of protein/fat/carbs to have. So far my snacks of choice are plantain chips [holy cow these are awesome!], almonds and blueberries.
  • hopsonc24
    Options
    I just started Paleo on Tuesday so I can kick my sugar and carb addictions. So far, so good, though I'm still learning what balance of protein/fat/carbs to have. So far my snacks of choice are plantain chips [holy cow these are awesome!], almonds and blueberries.
    I am absolutely addicted to plantain chips, both the homemade kind and the store bought by Natures harvest.
    Everday Paleo is an amazing cookbook, I love everything I have tried in that cookbook!
    Good Luck!!!
  • hopsonc24
    Options

The paleoplan is an excellent website, i have found so many yummy recipes on that site. I finally had a chance to read your blog about the paleo candy bars! I am going to try them this weekend, I mean how can I not, you said they were effing delicious!!!! Which made me lol!! I cant wait to try them! Thank you for sharing
  • hopsonc24
    Options

Also as Young retiree posted earlier, www.paleoplan.com/recipes is a fantastic website with excellent recipes!
    A must have tool for all new paleo eaters!
  • msdivine26
    Options
    I found two brands of plantain chips - Natura at Whole Foods, and Trader Joe's. So far I like the TJ's brand better.

Saw Everyday Paleo at Costco when I went on my GIANT shopping trip on Monday [I call it Prep for Paleo Day] - picked that up and have bookmarked soooo much of it!