found you in Womans World

Options
wanarun
wanarun Posts: 31 Member
The story in the Aug 13th Womans World mag. sounds just like me. The woman recommended this web site so here I am. I need to lose almost 100 lbs. to reach my goal. I am scared and excited. I'm not sure what I am afraid of or what has held me back for the past 13 years, but I don't want to waste another moment of my life.

Replies

• madivp
    madivp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. It is an awesome site, there is so much help here. Add me as a friend if you would like.
  • wanarun
    wanarun Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you so very much! I will try to figure out how to do that. heehee
  • neh310
    neh310 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This site is the best! I have found my friends on here to be the most supportive out of any other site I have ever tried. Feel free to add me as a friend too if you'd like, and good luck on your journey. And welcome!
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Have only been here a few months myself and I am loving it so far. Add me as a friend if you would like.
  • grandtiger
    grandtiger Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend if you would like. I haven't been here long myself and have struggled off and on but I never stop trying. It is the hardest thing I have ever done and keeping on track needs to have support so I will support you if need be. We can support each other.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I love this site! The ONLY time I don't log on is when I don't have access. It has kept me focused and motivated. Welcome and feel free to add me.
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I've been at the start of the same road you are about to go down! Any questions, just ask!! WTG for taking that first step!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Aww I want to read that article. Glad to have you here, MFP has great tools to help with weight loss.
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! Good luck with your weight loss journey!
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Good luck, anyone can add me that needs an extra cheerleader! We're all here to be fit and healty and it takes one step at a time!
  • llpleslie
    Options
    Welcome aboard, great site and great peeps! You can add me if you like.
  • FourLynne
    FourLynne Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    That's how I found this website (WW) love that magazine! Best, and you can add me if you like!
  • starstruck040
    Options
    I, too, found this website in the article in Woman's World! I saw it at the checkout and picked it up....read the article and decided to check out the website, and I am glad I did! I have 100+ lbs to lose and I am loving this site! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Remember that this is YOUR journey and YOU need to take the steps to make it successful. We are all here to help you ... in your successes, in your tribulations, your stumbles. You've got some really good people on MFP ... all ages; shapes and sizes.

You can do it; I've been faithfully logging since the beginning of summer and I'm 16 lbs lighter in 2 months. It's been fun and I know that you can do it to.

Make wise food choices and when you feel up to it start walking. It's all about the baby steps to start .... and don't worry about the end....because this is for your life. Not a diet, not a bad thing. IT'S ALL GOOD!!!! :love:
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I find the biggest fears related to weighloss is:

-fear of failure
    -fear of losing motivation
    -fear of losing will power

Don't worry, you will have bad days but a lot of good days. Just stick to healthy eating, calorie counting and calorie burning and 1 year from now, you will see an amazing transformation.

It is never too late to start!
  • joann1948
    joann1948 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I joined in April 2011 have lost 78 lbs and 34 lbs left. This is a fantastic website with lots of friends and support. You will do fine......Joann
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    YAY! well MFP has changed my life. I have been using MFP for over 2 years. I have gained some good friends and lost weight. Add as many good friends as you can log all your food and start enjoying life! ~Corina
    Feel free to add me!
  • AnnaMGP
    AnnaMGP Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That's funny. That article is the reason I started here also. 8 days in. I have allready had a ton of support and encouragement. You'll love it here. Feel free to add me if you want some extra support. :happy:
  • lorriebelle7
    Options
    I also found this site in Woman's World. It's kind of funny because a friend of mine was in an add in the local paper, and she had lost something like 100 pounds. Because of the ad, I was thinking of paying $350 to start at a local weight management place. The money was keeping me from starting, so I was so happy when I found this website in the magazine! Now I can use that money to buy diet food, and I don't have to worry about paying someone to tell me what to eat. :)
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I love to read Woman's World. Please feel free to add me for support and motivation.