Just Joined MFP This Week

Options
Here I am at 48, fat, and frumpy. My goal is simple to be 50, fit, and fabulous! My journey started this week. I've read several posts on the message boards and look forward to gaining knowledge from your experiences. If I stay on course, I will be at goal by my 50th birthday, but regardless of what the scale says I am determined to be healthier.

Replies

• Irish_eyes75
    Options
    Welcome!
  • carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I just posted the following on Maggee71's Introduction...and not to be repetitive but it may help. I'll be 55 in June 2013 and my goal was to lose 35 lbs by the time I turned 55. It was something I said ... and something I really wanted to do.....but in the back of my mind I always gave myself an "out". I truly thought that I wouldn't be able to do it. But then I started logging what I ate ... then a month later, I started walking more. To date I've lost 16 lbs.....it hasn't been difficult. I'll send you a friend request -- would love to check on you along the way.

Remember that this is YOUR journey and YOU need to take the steps to make it successful. We are all here to help you ... in your successes, in your tribulations, your stumbles. You've got some really good people on MFP ... all ages; shapes and sizes.

You can do it; I've been faithfully logging since the beginning of summer and I'm 16 lbs lighter in 2 months. It's been fun and I know that you can do it to.

Make wise food choices and when you feel up to it start walking. It's all about the baby steps to start .... and don't worry about the end....because this is for your life. Not a diet, not a bad thing. IT'S ALL GOOD!!!!
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    ...regardless of what the scale says I am determined to be healthier.

And there in lies the key. Eat better, be active, and don't let the number on the scale define you.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

You've got a great attitude.

If I'd stuck with it when I first started I'd be a heck of a lot closer to my goal than I am at the moment. I am definitely closer to 50 than I was. Why I stopped I have no clue because I've not found this a difficult way to lose weight. I guess it's just harder to kill off bad habits than to create and hang on to the new ones.

Good luck with your journey and friend me if you'd like.
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Welcome - and yes, you can do it!

I'm 55, have a medical condition impacting exercise and strength but am still at it with the help of a great trainer and orthopedist...joined MFP this summer and am slowly losing weight. Feel great, enjoy all the good support here. Feel free to friend me.
  • readyfor50
    Options
    oh Paulette, here I am 49, fat and frumpy. Girlfriend my big 50 is just in 4 months so I am trying soooo hard to also get fit, and fab for 50. My primary goal is to be fit and the rest can follow. I just joined today so I look forward to going through this journey with you together. 50 here we come, and watch out cuz we gonna be HOT !!!
  • readyfor50
    Options
    I loved your words of encouragement,