Road Trip!!!!

Options
I am about to take a 20 hour road trip(will break it up into two days). Any ideas on how I can eat healthy during the trip?

I figure if I plan ahead I have a better chance at being successful. Don't want to get off course because of this trip.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Replies

• taratam83
    taratam83 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Get a cooler, load it with fruit, veggies, and other healthy snacks. Check out the nutrition facts if you stop at restaurants before you eat. Watch your sodium and drink plenty of water!!!
  • dnish53
    dnish53 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Pack a cooler with water and healthier food. If you already have water in the car you will be less likely to buy something with you stop for gas. Also, my husband and I have found it helps to cut up fruit and vegtables and place them in baggies. Melba toast is good to have in the car and finally after a little expermenting we like to bring along tuna salad. We make it with mustard and add a little salsa (goes great on the melba toasts). This keeps us satisfied. We also do the same thing when we go to the golf course.
  • pumalama
    pumalama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    pack as if you would go camping: fruits, cans of tuna, sardines, cans of bean salad, vegetables, some granola bars, dried fruits and nuts, pita bread, you can always stop at grocery stores along the way and buy a rotisserie chicken and pita, you can keep the other half in your cooler for the next meal. We try to avoid food from gas stations and rest areas but they have microwaves if you want to make popcorn or warm up something.
  • readsalot68
    readsalot68 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. Hadn't crossed my mind to take canned tuna or to cut up fruit. We always took junk food when I was a kid...great ideas!!.