Anybody just eat at their target weight?

Options
Hi all-

Just wondering if any of you have tried just setting your calories to your target weight (with correct activity level worked in), and aimed to eat that calorie-wise? Seems like something that could eventually work?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Replies

• Mrsbrandnewmeslimandtrim
    Options
    Bump curious to see replies,if any!
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I get it? Like not a have "goal weight" and just eat at maintenance for awhile?
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    My friend and I were discussing this the other day. I figured mine out and I would actually get 200 calories more (1400) a day (than my current weight loss calorie goals (1200)) if I am just trying to maintain my goal weight. So, this leads me to believe you wouldn't gain, and you would still probably loose (because your BMR goes down as your weight goes down), but instead of shooting for a pound and a half of weight loss I would only end up with one pound of weight loss.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    My friend and I were discussing this the other day. I figured mine out and I would actually get 200 calories more (1400) a day (than my current weight loss calorie goals (1200)) if I am just trying to maintain my goal weight. So, this leads me to believe you wouldn't gain, and you would still probably loose (because your BMR goes down as your weight goes down), but instead of shooting for a pound and a half of weight loss I would only end up with one pound of weight loss.

yeah my thought is that eventually i'd just end up at my goal weight if i ate at that particular calorie level....as long as the activity level was correct. i've set my calories settings to my goal weight here on MFP and at lightly active and now have about 1560 cals a day to maintain... sounds reasonable and pretty darn logical, albiet possibly slow.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    That's the principle behind the fat2fitradio calculators. It works. Shouldn't be much different than the numbers here if you're inputting everything correctly and not being overzealous about your weekly goals though. Just different roads to the same destination.
  • MelanieSkittle
    MelanieSkittle Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I eat at my goal weight's calories, and then I don't add back exercise calories. So far I've lost 40 lbs.