Unsupportive spouse

2»

Replies

• maybe he's trying to stay Indifferent so as not to get his hopes up. Mine is supportive, but the more weight I lose the more jealous acting and overprotective he becomes. It was cute at first, but now I'm like dude, we've been together way too long for this.
  • Talk to him about lifestyle changes you are making to be healthier and not necessarily dieting. Eating better and exercising will give you more energy and help you live longer (together). You should be flattered that he loves you as you are, but remind him that happily ever after will take endurance and you feel that the lifestyle changes you are making with keep you around for the long haul. Good luck and keep up the good work. Don't give up.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    I looked at your diary and you are basically on a starvation diet. Most days you do not even get 1000 calories. Breakfast and lunch are a liquid shake and all other meal are some prepackaged diet crap. This is not a healthy lifestyle! Where are the fruit, veggies, eggs, grilled chicken, fish, turkey?!?! You're husband most likely is frustrated because he sees you starving yourself and eating pre packaged garbage. You can eat healthy wholesome good food while still losing weight! Educate yourself, try some recipes and for god sake up your calories!!!
  • lizziebeth1028
    Check out the diary
  • MamaMaryC
    MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
    I have one of those. :D He likes bigger women and I no longer fit in that category.

He has become more supportive over time because he realizes whether he approves or not it is what I want and what I am going to do. It was not easy going this road alone.

In the end it is about how you feel about yourself because you have to live with your body 24/7. It is discouraging but you can push through. When you start to see and feel the results the victory is worth every hardship you endured.

If you need support I am a click away.
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    I don't know. Seems to me your spouse is just giving you unconditional support for who you are now. What, you want him to be your weight loss cheerleader? I suppose you do, because losing weight can be challenging.

But would you prefer it if he said "yeah, you've really put on weight - let me know what I can do to help you stay on your diet?" Maybe he just likes you the way you are - isn't that a good thing?

I guess it's just not clear what you are asking from your husband.....
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,544 Member
    Having an unsupportive spouse sux... Having a spouse who demands support but gives nothing in return (or worse) is untenable. That's why I'm in the midst of separating/divorcing. Good luck.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Well you know this is just his insecurity that you're going to get superfit and leave him right?

^^^This is spot on. When my hubby said just that to me, I vigorously assured him it was because I want to feel better in my own skin, more confident, which will result in a better sex life. He started his own account here today. :blushing:
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member

^^^This is spot on. When my hubby said just that to me, I vigorously assured him it was because I want to feel better in my own skin, more confident, which will result in a better sex life. He started his own account here today. :blushing:

Bravo!!!! <insert clapping icon here>
  • lizziebeth1028
    People please!!..check out her diary!! She is eating WAY under her calorie goal barely getting 1000 calories! Maybe her husband is concerned that her new 'healthy lifestyle' is not that healthy!