Protein Powder

Options
Hey! So I was thinking about trying some protein powder out. I wander low carb/calorie and high protein. Do you guys think I should get About Time Protein (Cals: 103, Protein: 25g, Carbs 0g) or Syntax Nectar (Cals: 100, Protein: 24g, 0g carb) Or something completely different?? THANKS!

Replies

• kornmaiden
    kornmaiden Posts: 109
    Options
    I like the GNC lean 25, good taste and hi protein.
  • carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sorry I can't help you with those brand names. I've purchased different types; but look for whey protein......and as with any item; the less 'stuff' on the ingredient list; it's probably better for you. There are many 'healthy-guru' types on MFP so I hope you get some responses!

Best wishes!
  • thatveganchic
    Options
    Thanks for the comments!
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I haven't used either of those. Optimum Nutrition and Universal Nutrition both make protein with 4 grams of carbs and about 120 calories so that is in the area. 22/24 grams of protein. Unfortunately I think the VPX zero carb I used to take was discontinued.
  • MrsBioChem
    MrsBioChem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I use a different one by Syntax (Syntax-6 Chocolate Milk Shake). Look for whey protein to be first on the list.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of VPX SRO zero carb protein
  • mparks777
    Options
    MuscleTech Premium Whey Protein - Chocolate. You can get at Sams Club for about $33 bucks for 5lbs. 25 protein,3 carb, 130 cal and taste great.
  • MichelleB69
    MichelleB69 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I don't use whey protein; I use Jay Robb's egg white protein...I like the vanilla because it's easy to add fruit to.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,597 Member
    Options
    i use the costco protein brand. has done fine by me... i have a protein shake w/banana n strawberries for lunch.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Syntrax Nectar Sweets, both chocolate truffle and vanilla bean torte. I use it in shakes, ice cream, pancakes, and brownies! So good!!
  • peachlow
    peachlow Posts: 91
    Options
    I've used Jillians protein product....GNC Lean Protein (taste the best to me) and am currently using Body By Vi Protein shakes....I also hear Shakegology brand is the best thou..I haven't used it yet but my boyfriend swears by Shakegology
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard. If you like thin mint cookies get the chocolate mint flavor.
  • b1gl0ser
    b1gl0ser Posts: 10
    Options
    How about just drinking skimmed milk, relatively inexpensive, good availability, good protein (think about what whey protein actually is), simple and no mixing / preparation required
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I use Muscle Milk 100% Whey (Concentrated and Isolated Whey Protein), the chocolate flavor. It has 140 calories per serving, 2 grams of fat, 3 grams of carbs, and 27 grams of protein. I mix it with almond milk and it's not bad at all!
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Syntrax Nectar Sweets in either Chocolate Truffle or Vanilla Bean Torte... a little on the spendy side, but oh-so-yummy. I even mix it into recipes (pancakes are m'love's fave) to give a little protein boost.
  • thatveganchic
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments! I'll be sure to check out all your suggestions!(:
  • klsdwn
    klsdwn Posts: 54
    Options
    I use ISO Sensation. It has 130 cal, 1 carb, and 30 grams of protein. It was recommended to me by my personal trainer. The chocolate tastes pretty good with hot water (like hot cocoa!)
  • DollHouseKiera
    Options
    Syntrax Sweets has a Double Stuffed Cookie flavor that is really rather delicious, and their Strawberry Mousse flavor tastes like strawberry nestle Quick to me...

They're a little bit of a thinner texture than many of the other ones I've tried, which I prefer to the thicker, gunkier ones. And I can make the Syntrax Sweets in a glass with just a spoon, no clumps, no shaker or mixer required!
  • kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I love my dymatize elite : )