Tennessee Newbie here~~~needing encouraging friends

Options
I stopped smoking in December and 50 lbs later, I am here needless to say, I need support. Seems like after 40 it is so much harder to lose the weight and then stop smoking and here come the lbs. I have 3 daughters actually my 11 y. old kept on to me to quit so I did it. My current weight is 200 i would like to weigh about 140-145 for my height of 5'4 is perfect for me that is.
Today is my first day for the 1200 calorie limit. And I am doing good. If i can just pass up easier on the peanut butter. lol
We have a trampoline i am thinking about jumping on for exercise. What do you think? I love to walk but our road is full of crazy drivers.

Replies

• lookatme09
    lookatme09 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congrats on stopping smoking! Welcome to the best site on earth. I'm 40 and i understand the losing being harder thing. Add me as a friend and i will keep you on your right track.
  • wenrome3
    Options
    Hey we are all in the same boat. You just have to take it day by day. Your calorie limit seems way to low to me. Especially if you are exercising. My new doctor says everyone can lose weight safely on a 1800/day calorie diet. He suggests 60% carbs, 30% fruits and veggies and 10% fat. Eating smaller amounts all day to stimulate your metabolism. The trampoline is a great idea. You can do a lot of aerobic exercises. Just be careful!
  • stacyallison
    Options
    Hey! I am in Tennessee, too. Feel free to add me as a friend. This is a great place for encouragement and support, so I think you are on the right track! Good luck!
  • Jasminebianca
    Jasminebianca Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sure thing please add me I'm looking to expand my network! More friends=more support!
  • Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Options
    Congratulations on quitting smoking! I smoked for 30 years and quit almost 3 years ago. What a great decision. I, too, gained weight and it's just started coming off this year. You're at a great place and will find great support here! I'm adding you :smile:
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Wait, wenrome, I am not seeing protein in that equation--maybe I didn't understand the language. I find that a good amount of (vegetarian) protein, and enough healthy fats, makes it really a lot easier for me to feel full and stay healthy.
  • stacyallison
    Options
    I forgot to add, be careful with that trampoline stuff. Everything is a little different once you have gained a few pounds, and it would be a shame to get injured so early in the game! Remember, you don't even have to go outside. You can find aerobics on youtube and follow along with them at home or you can just march in place and swing your arms while watching your favorite tv show. Anything for a start is a good thing, as long as you consider safety first.
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Another Tennessee'r here. This is a great place to be positive and get support.
  • Fianna123
    Options
    Hey Tennessee... the trampoline is excellent.. but not too much the knees... try doing bicycle moves on the floor... or just get one... Hope it helps.. again carefully with the knees.. Im 240 ..I know what I'm talking about...
  • lisaekewish
    lisaekewish Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    YAY 1800 calories!!!
    YES YES YES

Why am I so excited...because that doctor is correct.

I've been losing 2 lbs a week eating an average of 1800 calories a day.
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I stopped smoking in December and 50 lbs later, I am here needless to say, I need support. Seems like after 40 it is so much harder to lose the weight and then stop smoking and here come the lbs. I have 3 daughters actually my 11 y. old kept on to me to quit so I did it. My current weight is 200 i would like to weigh about 140-145 for my height of 5'4 is perfect for me that is.
    Today is my first day for the 1200 calorie limit. And I am doing good. If i can just pass up easier on the peanut butter. lol
    We have a trampoline i am thinking about jumping on for exercise. What do you think? I love to walk but our road is full of crazy drivers.

I am 40. I have been smoke free for 3 years 3 months. YOU CAN DO IT! I am working on getting back to 130lbs. This place is a GREAT start! Welcome!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)