Need supportive Gluten Free Friends.

Options
Im pretty much ok with what I weigh. I might try to lose another 20 or so, but I"m in no hurry.
So im looking for friends that can help support my new Gluten Free life.

Replies

• nitapix
    nitapix Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi im on a gluten free diet and have been for the past 30 years. I was diagnosed with coeliac when i was two years old. I just started on fitness pal community chat this week after my partner got me on it . I myself is only looking to lose a few lbs and to tone up more.
    I live in wakefield west yorkshire with my partner, our two lovely boys 5 and 1 years and my 16 year old neice.
  • fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My doctor thought I was gluten free and for 6 weeks I did the gluten free diet. Then when I met with the endocrinologist, I found out that my number was 6 rather than 5. It was under 6 was gluten rather than 6 and under. Anyway, after doing the program for 6 weeks, I lost weight by not eating the breads, pastas, etc. I continue to be on a no carb diet and am on Ideal Protein which is mainly gluten free products. If you haven't discovered the Waldon Farms products, be sure and check them out. Now I use them all the time. Everything is 0 calories, 0 carbs, 0 sugar, and gluten free. Great dressings, sauces, etc. You will be shopping a lot on the diabetic isle. I still do. Best of luck. I feel your pain and you are welcome to add me as a friend.
  • RachelG101
    RachelG101 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm gluten free. Was wheat free for years and now gluten free in the last year. Will add you as a friend :)
  • destinykymm
    Options
    I have been gluten free for 3 months. I was told by my DR I have celiac. I am struggling to loose weight, 21lbs so far. I am also struggling with what to eat, I want a change in my very few choices. I'd like other friends for support and tips in gluten free weight lose.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I'm essentially gluten free, though cross-contamination and small amounts don't seem to aggravate my medical symptoms. Always happy to have new friends.
  • kdward83
    kdward83 Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi! I've been gluten (and oat) free for 8 years. My diary is open. Feel free to add me! :)
  • mom2rpkp
    mom2rpkp Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Would love for you to add me - probably celiac but didn't have biopsy. I've been trying to go gluten-free for 2 years and just recently getting very serious about it.