1 day old and need more friends!

Options
I've worked out hard in the past, and I'm still in fairly decent shape ... but I feel like my body is saying 'what have you done for me lately?!' I am working 6pm to 6am currently and am having a hard time getting motivated. Anyone want to give advice or motivate? Thanks and much love!

Replies

• danne32339
    danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome to the group. My name is Doni and I love meeting new people and giving support.
    Good luck and God bless,
    Doni
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    With that kind of work schedule, I could only do it if I worked out BEFORE work, b/c after work I'd be too dang tired. If you can do it, so that you get up an hr or so earlier, that might help. Long days make it rough.
  • StephJB1221
    Options
    6 pm to 6 am does not sound fun!!! Im on here everyday and would love to try to motivate ya :)
  • Amfro
    Amfro Posts: 12
    Options
    I work the same schedule and go to school part time. I'm also going to be trying my lot as a soccer coach. I'm hoping to take up snow boarding this winter, so I want my legs to be able to handle it. I'm motivated to move, but get extremely hungry for meat of some sort after wards. I say take up a sport of some sort to keep movin, Try somethin new. I've recently taken up jogging to keep movin, and found that I really like it, maybe somethin new may help for you, it is for me thus far.
  • 09wozza09
    Options
    Yeh im happy to try help you out :) i work same hours :( it is hard to get going lucky i still have a little bit of motivation from being in the army 7 months ago (trying to get more motivated though lol) good luck buddy :)
  • mollymoo89
    mollymoo89 Posts: 202
    Options
    Feel free to send me a request!
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Ahaha! Exercise and the 12hr shifters! I also work 12's but do so from 4a-4p. I work out a lot, and am on everyday if you want to add me. :)
  • cr8zyamy
    cr8zyamy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    As a fellow night shifter, I recommend a 24/7 gym. When I try to workout at home, I fail, yet the thought of paying for a gym membership and not using it just makes me cringe. Good luck to you.
  • theactionfigure
    Options
    thank you all for the comments and advice! and thank you for the friend requests!