Sabotaged myself today.. so upset

Options
Well, I binged today. My stomach hurts and I feel nauseous and I am probably going to be bloated as hell tomorrow, which is just fantastic since I'm going to a fair in my hometown and will no doubt run into people that I know and I was hoping to debut a healthy, toned version of me as opposed to a bloated version.. totally sabotaged myself on that one.

I've been staying away from sugar and starch for a week and have been eating really healthy.. haven't had cravings since I haven't been eating trigger foods.. today it all went out the window.. I haven't bothered tracking it all in my diary today because I'm ashamed. I am so upset and depressed and hating myself for doing this. Even as I'm shoveling the food into my mouth, food that doesn't even taste all that great, I honestly prefer eating healthier, I'm thinking "Oh I'm gonna regret this one.. I'm going to hate myself.. this isn't worth how I'm going to feel afterward.." and knowing I'm going to be depressed about it and completely ruin my weekend..

To top it off, going to the fair tomorrow is going to be hell because I'm going to feel even more guilty and awful if I eat any of the food there. I was going to split a funnel cake with my husband as a treat but now I don't deserve it. Grrr why do I do this to myself?? It so wasn't worth it. I feel like crap and I'm going to feel even worse tomorrow. I had even bought a cute outfit for tomorrow and now I'm just going to look like a bloated cow in it.

Sigh.. just wanted to vent. I know I'm not alone in doing this kind of thing but I feel like I am completely alone right now, I feel like I undid a week's worth of good habits.. I haven't been bloated at all this entire week, lost a couple lbs, I've been happy with how I look.. so much for that..

Replies

• DifferentLifeStlye
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up too much about it, we all binge that's what makes us normal. just remember to drink plenty of water and start fresh and better tomorrow.
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel better, I did the same thing today. :( I'm hating myself right now. Tomorrow's a new day though and if the fair there is anything like the one that's here in September, you'll more than make up for it with the exercise you will get from walking. Don't let it get you too down- just make up for it tomorrow. You can do it.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I'd say don't worry about it. You have 2 lbs to lose, you can lose that in a week or two. Highly doubt you gained anymore from today.

edit:
    Judging from your diary, you were what 12 calories over for the day? I don't think that counts as a binge hunny.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    you know what noone is perfect...we all are going to have those meals or days that we just fall off the wagon...I say take tomorrow enjoy the fair, eat what you want and walk all over. Have a great time with your husband then when you get up on Sunday jump back on the wagon and do what you need to do. You don't want every day to be a bad day but an occasional one or two isn't going to pack back the pounds. Good Luck, Jerry
  • ChelSleeve
    ChelSleeve Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I did the exact same thing today.. i was 1700 over on calories.. and had 3 times me allowed sodium.. it was a bad day eating overall.. lets move on and get past it
  • ChelSleeve
    ChelSleeve Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I tracked it to show myself why i got as big as i did
  • Black_rose1809
    Black_rose1809 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. It happens, just keep going, if you keep depressing yourself with something like this, you won't be happy. A diet isn't suppose to be fun, but you can make it fun. If you keep beating yourself up, you'll lose the motivation to do the diet. That's what happened to me last year, i was all gun ho on the diet, but was going nuts on the food I ate and was going nuts on it! So I quit... and I'm not proud of myself. It wasn't fun anymore as it was in the beginning, y'know?

That's why I eat what I want, but I exercise as well. But when I mean eat what I want, I mean portion wise, if the label says a cup of ice cream is the serving, a cup it is. If a piece of chocolate is the serving size, then a piece of chocolate. So eat what you want, but don't eat too much and just exercise!

But as I said in the beginning of this post, don't beat yourself up and just have fun! Fairs are fun! Try to enjoy yourself and eat something there, but portion! :3
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Consider this your cheat day and don't feel bad about it, if you deprive yourself from what you want then binging is bound to happen. I know you had mentioned to me before that you were going to get into low carbing, well what I do is allow myself a cheat day, one day a week that I can have more carbs and go over my calories and not feel guilty about it. It I didn't do this I'm not sure if be as strong mentally. Just remember this is a life style change not a diet, if you want to stick with it you have to make it work for you! Tomorrows another day, have your half a funnel cake you DO deserve it :)
  • JoanaWillBeFit
    Options
    This helps after a binge. :)
    e3cb40da.jpg
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    e3cb40da.jpg

How is Special K eating clean? It's rubbish I file it under junk food.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    e3cb40da.jpg

:noway:
  • BellaRenee08
    Options
    we all binge from time to time, i did today too but you know what I know it will be okay cause occasionally these things happen. As long as we recognize it and can move on anything is possible. dont let the bad days pull you down
  • Cristofori44
    Options
    Eating above TDEE restores leptin. Totally okay every once in a while, and actually healthy for you if you've been eating 500-1000 below your TDEE every day. And if you wake up not wanting the binge foods...that's actually a psychological reinforcement not to binge.

You just don't want to get in a pattern though where you're depriving yourself so much calorically that you constantly feel the need to binge. You want that feeling of satiety on healthy stuff at 500 to 1,000 below TDEE. That's the name of the game.

I went over a few hundred today. Stopped logging. This wasn't the first time...and my overeating at a wedding two weeks ago and a bbq the week before that did not prevent me from losing 3 pounds so far this month.

Don't be so hard on yourself and keep making the effort.
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Dont worry just get back to your routine. It's just one day.
  • ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone...I am feeling alot better today, especially after reading these responses.. the cravings are out of my system, I'm going to try and eat healthy at the fair if that's even possible but if not then I will at least keep the portion size small!