weight loss and injury...

Options
Hi, So my right knee has been injured for quite some time now. I'm going in for surgery in a few days. does anyone have any healthy eating tips? Should I count my PT for the exercise? I've managed to get rid of 5 pounds in 2 weeks time. I want to keep going with this diet, but is there any specific food that will help with the recovery time? should I be upping my calories while I try to heal?

any advice would help! :) thanks!!

Replies

• kaymarie78
    kaymarie78 Posts: 104
    Options
    I just had surgery last month and focused mainly on just maintenance while I was in recovery. I had really major abdominal surgery though and couldn't do much of anything for myself for a while. My boyfriend made all my meals, and he doesn't know much about cooking healthy, so I stuck with really simple foods. I ate fish, salads, eggs, and stuff like that. Plus I was so weak that I felt like limiting my calories was a bad idea; which is why I stuck more to maintenance. I still ending up actually losing too. I didn't log my PT as exercise because it was things like lifting my leg and putting it down for balance, walking a couple steps and back...very low impact stuff. I didn't start tracking my physical activity till I could get on the treadmill. But I don't see why you couldn't log it as exercise if you wanted.