Im on meds... Someone?

Options
Hi, first of all Sorry about my bad english! Im on meds, and that causes me gain weight, someone else with the same problem? Thanks!

Replies

• AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    medication is part of my problem too. I gained almost 60 lbs from being on prozac, then zoloft. Now on nothing and I haven't lost it. Bleh, i've been up and down with my weight for a long time though.
  • Goodkid3
    Goodkid3 Posts: 35
    Options
    Thanks for reply, i want to be back in my old clothes
  • jillilyn
    jillilyn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm on a beta- blocker, it makes you more tired than usual, so my energy level is a little on the low side. If given the choice, I would much rather sit happily on the couch watching my favorite shows than to go walking after dinner.
  • Goodkid3
    Options
    I knooooow i can totally relate
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    I am on 2 anti depressants, I cannot find a mood stablizer that works. The one I did find I cannot afford. I also take meds for anxiety, pain, anti-inflamitory. and a vast number of vitamins, a few minerals. I am waiting for a new order, from Puritan Pride.com it is specifically for women of meopause age. I finally will have some minerals. I am hoping this new combo will help me feel better. I have been physcially ill for quite some time. I have successfully lost 50 lbs this year, 2012. I eat between 1220-1400 c. and dance 3o mins a day. I also walk my dog arond the block.lol she has to have that.

I am looking to start lifting weights. as if life didnt suck enough. lol I am hoping, I am hoping that the combo of lifting and the new vitamin med combo, and probably increase my food intake... Isnt life a complicated puzzle, weight sure as hell is.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    Thanks for reply, i want to be back in my old clothes

you definately are NOT ALONE.
  • Goodkid3
    Options
    You are such an inspiration, thanks for sharing! Good luck on your journey!
  • glitt3rgurl
    Options
    Im totally having the same problem...its so hard! Cant stop my meds and i have to lose this weight..im just going to have to really push myself to wrk out longer and not use excercise calories i earn...good luck!
  • Goodkid3
    Options
    Its so hard! The best of luck for u girl!
  • leska1216
    leska1216 Posts: 260
    Options
    Yes, I'm on meds too. I don't think it's my meds that is the problem. Rather, I think it is the thyroid that has messed me up for the last 20 years. Removed cancerous thyroid in Aug 2011, and still not able to stabilize my thyroid levels with meds. Take a number of other Rx meds dues to other conditions. Really really really need something to relieve gas and bloating. Right now I am so bloated I feel like I'm 9 months preggers, and I'm not.
  • Goodkid3
    Options
    Youll be great! I know i wish u the best