weight loss after kids

Options
Hi everyone

Im 24, 5f6 and 155lbs and size 12-14.. before i had my 3 kinds i was 8 1/2 stone and size 10.
I used to eat what i liked and gain nothing, my mum always said you wait untill you have kids your be my size, i always laughted it off lol. but here i am lol.

I have pu on weight everywhere and its more since i have my daughter 22 months ago. I cant eat anything without putting on a pound lol. Im not too fussed on what i way nor am i expecting a size 10 figure. I just want rid of my baby fat.

My measurements:

waist:32in
hips:37in
spare tyre lol :40in

as you can see ive added to bit no one seems to measure lol, the problem area.I just want to flabby bit gone and toned up.

I dont have time to go gym as hubby works away alot and i cant take daughter, but i exercise with dvds and skipping.
My diet is ok but im not a massive meat eater or dairy eater. i dont like tofu or much veggi stuff.

Im after meal ideas and any good home dvds or exercises that have worked for you.

sorry for the long thread and thankyou..

Replies

• momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Babies do terrible things to our bodies.

Just do what you can. Focus on what you are eating, Eat the veggies you do like, and you don't need meat or dairy in your diet if you don't want them, but make sure you are watching your protein etc. to make sure you are getting what you need out of your diet.

As for exercise, take the kids for walks/bike rides, do exercise videos, chase them around the playground. Just get moving and keep moving.
  • Arimamma
    Arimamma Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! Another baby weigh mamma here! I would reccommend Jillian's "Ripped in 30" or "30 Day Shred" to kick start you. Stick with it and commit for the 30 days and it WILL get you in better shape. Once you have a small taste of succcess, it becomes fun! Those DVDs are only 20 mins a day, so it is SUPER easy to get your workout in. Track your calories and exercise on MFP. Good luck!
  • amallia921
    Options
    I'm a baby weight problem Mama too!! Baby weight is the worst. And my mom always said the same thing. All I got to do is think bout food and I put weight on. lol But you can do it!! I have faith in you!!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Same here, i have a 6 and a 1/2 month old....but i lost weight on my pregnancy (i'm one of the weird ones) but it slowed way down after birth, and am now working on getting the rest of the weight off (i was 243 pre pregnancy and never want to be back there). I have faith in you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I definitely second the JM videos!!!!!!!!!!!! As well as the get moving part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I started MFP 5 weeks post partum. I am with you.

I liked Zumba and just getting out the door and running. I did Zumba on the Wii. Not sure if you have one but if not, you can buy DVD's. Zumba is super fun and a great way to burn the calories. I need to start doing some toning excerises though for the tummy though.

Good luck!
  • jmhurley87
    Options
    Thanks everyone its good to see im not the only one.. Im currently doing 30day shred and on lvl 2.... i not a massive person but i do struggle with my weight. Me and hubby have decided that after 3 kids we want to stop there, which means i need to sort out my body so i can be fit again and healthy.
  • spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 10 months postpartum. I second the suggestion of 30 Day Shred, which I do. Looks like you're already on that train. I also do a C25K running program three days a week and a boxing class on the weekend. It's helped a lot so far.

If you don't really like veggies, make sure you're doing something to meet your fiber and get vitamins. That will help you feel full and energetic. Babies really deplete your body of nutrients. I take a pretty aggressive vitamin regimen and if I don't feel like eating a lot of fruits and veggies I add some hemp protein (which is a low cal source of both fiber and protein) to something I'm eating that day.
  • JolieJemmaMomma
    JolieJemmaMomma Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i am the same! never lost the weight after the first one so now after the second i am trying all i can. Lost 36 pounds since April 16 but have 23 to go! Good luck to you! I use the ONDEMAND weightloss workouts. I love the dave sinclair ones :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I've got a 3 year old and a 15 month old, and my body has changed after children. I am actually smaller than when I got pregnant with my 1st, but I still have a bit of a muffin top lol. I was massive after I had my daughter last year and have lost 3 stone (42lbs) since then through eating well and personal training.

I'm now a size 14 (UK, US 10) mainly but a 12 in some things, and i'm 5'6" tall. I'm 34, so I guess age isn't on my side!

My aim is to get back the the UK size 10/12 that I used to be. I reckon I need to lose another 20lbs, perhaps a bit less.
  • jmhurley87
    Options
    lost 2 inch off my spare tyre lol, wish sites like tis would take these measurements as this is the troublesome part for lots of ppl
  • jmhurley87
    Options
    lost 2 inch off my spare tyre lol, wish sites like tis would take these measurements as this is the troublesome part for lots of ppl