Forced Labor : )

Options
:ohwell: I have been lax, to say the least, in my exercise routine. I went from 4-6 x week to nothing. I have tried all the tricks I know of to get back on track.

Black Team challenges have gotten me drinking my water and logging my food:bigsmile: but what would get me motivated to move again?

Turns out it is dropping my car off for service and my ride not showing up:indifferent: I thought about getting angry:explode: .......burn a few cals that way........but then LIGHT BULB>:noway: ..............I will WALK.........novel idea:drinker: !

I had my Ipod and earplugs, and thanks to the GirlScout motto, I am always prepared with my HRM and sneaks. :bigsmile:

Geared up, dropped the key and off I went to a lovely 1.5 mile walk and 10 minute dancing cooldown.:glasses:

:heart: I feel rejuvenated and refreshed. I remember now why I LOVE exercise!!:heart:

How have YOU gotten back on track with exercise??:smile:

Replies

• shinybonnie
    Options
    It's funny, I got back on track yesterday too! I really don't know how I was able to make myself yesterday. I was like you - I had had a good routine of exercising 3x a week, but over Christmas I got sick and stayed sick for over a week. I've been better for a while now, but just couldn't make myself go run! And the weather has been so nice; I've had NO excuse! I just haven't done it. >:( But somehow yesterday it just felt right, and I went out and got a good run in. I don't know: do we have to wait til it just "feels right" or we're forced to? In that case, it may never happen! Why the huge mental block?
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    Nope! Never got off track with my exercise! Still getting it daily - walked each day over the weekend and also hit 83 golf balls on Saturday. Didn't ski because of the holiday though, too many people! Traffic was a mess coming home all 3 days.

But happy you got back on track with yours.
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    WTG

I dragged myself out of bed the morning and hit the weights. I also now feel better. The 30 minutes of sleep is not worth it.

PS please pm a leg shot for proof.
    :bigsmile:
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    I was basically on restricted activity the whole month of December (had surgery on Dec 2) so I got way out of the habit. It is hard to motivate yourself once again. We got the wii for christmas and at first we were just "playing" with it - which is activity yes but a work out, no. but then I bought the "just dance" game - and the first time I used it I LOVED it - it's full of 90's era music (and dance moves) and I found I could really work up a sweat - not that it was hard being fairly out of shape after a months hiatus. so I have the wii to thank for getting me going again. Now I can't wait for the bitter cold to be over so I can do some biking, etc.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    AWTY, you are AWESOME!!! :love:

I have been out of my exercise routine since I was laid off at the end of last MAY. :noway: My gym was in my work building.... my marriage collapsed... I was searching for a new job.... times were rough, I was depressed, and exercise wasn't at the top of my list.

I've been telling myself for months that I have to get back into working out, but the 'want' wasn't there. Just like with healthy eating, you must 'want' it in order to succeed at it, imo.

I'm starting to want it again. I am planning to join the gym on Feb 1. (Back at work.... I found another job at my old company.) Why wait? Because there is no pro-ration for partial months at the gym, and I'd like to make the most of my (limited) money. But that gives me time to mentally prepare and get excited. I use to LOVE spending my lunch breaks working out. Now I end up smoking instead. :noway: Bad trade off. I plan to switch that back up.... exercising more, smoking much less. Feb 1 is my date!!!

Thanks for a great post, Jeannie!!! :flowerforyou:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    For all the right (wrong) reasons (stress, holidays, holiday stress), I had fallen off the exercise wagon. I got started with a bang after the new year, but started getting sick and achy like I had the flu.

I logged on the Black Team site to vent about my bad luck, and a wonderful person with the user name "arewethereyet" reminded me that I was releasing toxins into my system and that was why I felt so bad. She then proceeded to convince me to forge ahead despite the sick feeling.

I am now swimming at least 3 times a week and doing cardio classes 2 other days. I feel great and stronger than ever.

Thank God for the good advise of friends.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    WTG

I dragged myself out of bed the morning and hit the weights. I also now feel better. The 30 minutes of sleep is not worth it.

PS please pm a leg shot for proof.
    :bigsmile:

Well from the looks of your AV:love: that workout was pretty darn good for you:smooched:

Pm in the mail:heart:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    For all the right (wrong) reasons (stress, holidays, holiday stress), I had fallen off the exercise wagon. I got started with a bang after the new year, but started getting sick and achy like I had the flu.

I logged on the Black Team site to vent about my bad luck, and a wonderful person with the user name "arewethereyet" reminded me that I was releasing toxins into my system and that was why I felt so bad. She then proceeded to convince me to forge ahead despite the sick feeling.

I am now swimming at least 3 times a week and doing cardio classes 2 other days. I feel great and stronger than ever.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

:cry: That made my day!! I am hoping my toxin come out in a different sort of way:glasses: :laugh:

I feel so good right now I just did 3 hours of work w/o even thinking about it, My mind is clear and ready!

Why don't I listen to my own advise Janie??:tongue:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    AWTY, you are AWESOME!!! :love:

I have been out of my exercise routine since I was laid off at the end of last MAY. :noway: My gym was in my work building.... my marriage collapsed... I was searching for a new job.... times were rough, I was depressed, and exercise wasn't at the top of my list.

I've been telling myself for months that I have to get back into working out, but the 'want' wasn't there. Just like with healthy eating, you must 'want' it in order to succeed at it, imo.

I'm starting to want it again. I am planning to join the gym on Feb 1. (Back at work.... I found another job at my old company.) Why wait? Because there is no pro-ration for partial months at the gym, and I'd like to make the most of my (limited) money. But that gives me time to mentally prepare and get excited. I use to LOVE spending my lunch breaks working out. Now I end up smoking instead. :noway: Bad trade off. I plan to switch that back up.... exercising more, smoking much less. Feb 1 is my date!!!

Thanks for a great post, Jeannie!!! :flowerforyou:

OH I cannot WAIT until you get back into it!! You will want to throw those smokes away so you can go that extra 15 minutes on the treadmill............I just KNOW it!!

You have been through so much, I am thankful you are working again and in a comfortable place.

Let me know how the gym is!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    It's funny, I got back on track yesterday too! I really don't know how I was able to make myself yesterday. I was like you - I had had a good routine of exercising 3x a week, but over Christmas I got sick and stayed sick for over a week. I've been better for a while now, but just couldn't make myself go run! And the weather has been so nice; I've had NO excuse! I just haven't done it. >:( But somehow yesterday it just felt right, and I went out and got a good run in. I don't know: do we have to wait til it just "feels right" or we're forced to? In that case, it may never happen! Why the huge mental block?

Awesome!! Bonnie why is it we cant see that the exercise makes us feel so much better? IDK....just pondering.....

I had to be forced to walk........but then felt great 10 minutes into it! now I am hoping to hold that feeling for tonight when I willd o another mile.

I hope you make it back! DO IT!!!!!:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Nope! Never got off track with my exercise! Still getting it daily - walked each day over the weekend and also hit 83 golf balls on Saturday. Didn't ski because of the holiday though, too many people! Traffic was a mess coming home all 3 days.

Well you just had to go and tell me that:grumble: I have to remember that if I never stop, I will never have to start up again, right??

I bet your arms get a workout from smacking those balls!! Skiing is not for me.........terrified of the speed and downhill movement. I am the hot toddy girl at the bottem taking pictures!!:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I was basically on restricted activity the whole month of December (had surgery on Dec 2) so I got way out of the habit. It is hard to motivate yourself once again. We got the wii for christmas and at first we were just "playing" with it - which is activity yes but a work out, no. but then I bought the "just dance" game - and the first time I used it I LOVED it - it's full of 90's era music (and dance moves) and I found I could really work up a sweat - not that it was hard being fairly out of shape after a months hiatus. so I have the wii to thank for getting me going again. Now I can't wait for the bitter cold to be over so I can do some biking, etc.

Ooooooh, that sounds good! we have wii and the board......I am going to go get the dance game this weekend. I love LOVE LOVE to dance!

Good for you, you sweaty thing you!! :glasses:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I dont know why I have to answer each person, but I am so interested in what you say I cant just leave it there!!!

Thanks so much for your responses.........you have helped me in ways you will never know!!

:heart: Jeannie
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'd let you know how I got back on track with exercising, but I'll be honest. I haven't gotten back on track, yet. I have no inspiration not motivation to work out. It's boring, and I despise it - I know it's something I have to do. I need to suck it up and just do it.
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options

Ooooooh, that sounds good! we have wii and the board......I am going to go get the dance game this weekend. I love LOVE LOVE to dance!

If you love to dance you will love it - you don't even need the board - you just hold the controller thingy in one hand and follow the moves of the dancer on screen.
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options

dont you just love that Jeannie:heart::heart:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I'd let you know how I got back on track with exercising, but I'll be honest. I haven't gotten back on track, yet. I have no inspiration not motivation to work out. It's boring, and I despise it - I know it's something I have to do. I need to suck it up and just do it.

Oh Katie you SO do! I feel 100% better today. Do you feel good when you work out? can you write about it if you do?
  • arewethereyet
    Options

If you love to dance you will love it - you don't even need the board - you just hold the controller thingy in one hand and follow the moves of the dancer on screen.

Will my AV be of a sexy young thang???? :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

dont you just love that Jeannie:heart::heart:

I do Donna! The BT has gotten me back on track and I love that I could encourage someone else. You all ROCK!
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options

I bet your arms get a workout from smacking those balls!! Skiing is not for me.........terrified of the speed and downhill movement. I am the hot toddy girl at the bottem taking pictures!!:laugh:

OK, I'll buy that skiing is not for everyone. Have you ever been? No? Well, I have a safe way for you to experience the thrill of skiing. Just come along with me by clicking on my YouTube video link below and we'll go skiing together. I'll do all the work. (AND burn all the calories :laugh: ) All you have to do is enjoy the view! And enjoy the music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4N45FDGPXs