Reward Ideas?!

Options
If I lose 2 lbs this week I'll have lost 2 stone.
I was aiming to give myself a treat at every stone lost, but I'm stuck for ideas!!
Last stone my Mum and I went to a spa for a day, but that's a little expensive to be doing all the time haha!

thanks guys :)

Replies

• Izzyrb1234
    Options
    So you do nails? I know this idea prob doesn't sound glamorous, but your post made me think of my friend. He goes for a beach walk, and the first half he thinks about all the challenges, past and perceived for the future, and then on the second half, he changes the focus to all the accom
    Lush nets, and the pride of turning things for the better, and thinking abt how proud he can be of himself. By the time he is down with the walk, he feels positive and his soul feels good. I know sometimes that is not as good as a sundae, but it's a real reward, and if you are like me, I tend to want to reward with food....
  • baasland
    baasland Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Celebrate by going for a nice run and treating yourself to a low calorie splurge dessert afterwards such as frozen yogurt ice cream.
  • Hypoxic_81
    Hypoxic_81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When I first starting losing weight (pre-MFP) I would reward myself with new workout gear (switched from baggy sweats to lululemon-style wear) for "big" strides forward. I would also reward myself with food but not in the way most people expect...I have a *tight* budget so the food choices I make, while healthy, can get a bit boring. When I needed a little pick me up, I would let myself go to the grocery store/farmers market and whatever healthy food I wanted, I'd let myself buy instead of trying to scrimp and save every penny. So if I wanted the tree-ripened peaches even though they were 3x the price of the macintosh apples...I'd let myself get some and not feel guilty that my budget was a bit more stretched than usual.

I also like thrift/consignment stores (I'm all about finding deals!!) so a splurge for me would be to take $20 and just go crazy shopping at one of the local thrift stores. I can easily kill half a day doing that (you have to dig and really examine what you find), usually end up with a new outfit and accessories for that amount and have tons of fun searching the racks.

Another frugal option is to go to the library, find a book you've been meaning to read and then find some alone time, settle in with a nice cup of tea and enjoy some peace and quiet (may be difficult if you have children!! lol).
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I'd do a search to see if there are any kick *kitten* adventure activities in your area. Ideally you could celebrate the things you can enjoy now that you wouldn't have in the past?
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I think about rewards all the time for weight loss goals:
    1) Shoes for the cute clothes I buy when I lose all the weight
    2) Walmart craft projects like the make it yourself jewelry ($10 and you can make yourself a nice unique necklace) Also, you will have spare pieces so next time it is like $5 per necklace
    3) A fun no calorie counted exercise day like hiking with friends or rollar skating
    4) Alter some "fat clothes" to fit again
    5) Buy a hot pair of jeans, a size too small, to hang up for inspiration (if you cant fit in 30 days they have to go back)
    6) Save money for the real weight loss... shopping spree for your much smaller body
    7)Repurpose old "fat clothes" into pillow cases, quilt or hand bag
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! That's really wonderful. When I hit my next goal I am rewarding myself with a subscription to Clean Eating Magazine....The rest of my rewards are things that will help push me to the next phase in my weight loss like getting new workout clothes, tennis shoes, and then there's also some non-workout related things - like a piece of Tiffany's jewelry lol. But that's after a 70lb weight loss, I've got a long way to go for that. You could also do a haircut, or even treat yourself to a book you've been wanting to buy. Its whatever will help motivate you to get to the next level.
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm rewarding myself later this week with a haircut and new hair colour, =)
  • sandiburn
    sandiburn Posts: 149
    Options
    IWhen I first started loosing weight I would buy myself a pair of shoes. A really fun pair of shoes.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Maybe a home spa day? Mud masks, foot soaks, hair treatments etc, but set yourself some time either alone or with a friend/your mum and relax with some music or a film or something. Just some bargain rate me time.
  • jennsie
    jennsie Posts: 38
    Options
    I am in the UK too! My ideas were... (for each stone lost)

- trip to the Harry Potter Studio tours or Matilda play
    - murder mystery night
    - the weight loss toning treatment thing they do in some places
    - a city break or short holiday over long weekend
    - spa break with facial (i've never been to a spa or had a massage or been pampered but it's all about loving your body)
    - make-over and a photoshoot (final treat)

I failed miserably last time with treating myself and put all the weight back on. My last treat ideas were clothing as soon as i lost 5stones. well, i didn't quite get there, work got very busy and i had no time for the gym. i've changed jobs and started the gym again. i never bought my treats b/c i thought i'd do it all at the end when i reached my goal...but that didn't work for me. and clothes are not a good treat. at the end, i will buy a nice new outfit or something but i have wardrobes full of clothes i can't even wear because i am too fat!

also, best not think of foods as treats. that's the wrong way to think
  • ifitis2beitisup2me
    Options
    I love shoes. and the movies LOL. I will treat myself to either or if i hit a certain mark
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I have 1 more pound and I get a hair cut. 10 more pounds and either a tattoo or a massage (I will probably get the tattoo, I have been wanting another forever).
  • TheLessOfMe
    TheLessOfMe Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas! They're brill :) I think I might splurge on some fabulous shoes to go out in when I go back to uni next month! :)
  • theinsanityofme
    theinsanityofme Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm rewarding for every 10lbs I lose. This is my list, hope it's of help.

270: Hat
    260: Earrings
    250: Lush Products (nice bubble bath etc)
    240: Toy
    230: PJs
    220: Something nice for the house
    210: Climb Snowdon with the dog
    205: Hair do
    200: Clothes
    190: Piercing
  • danne32339
    danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Do you any hobbies? You could add to them, for example, buy a new book or something to add to your hobby. Not real creative but all I could come up with right now.
    Good luck and God bless,
    Doni
    PS, I sent you a friend invitation
  • TheLessOfMe
    Options
    I'm rewarding for every 10lbs I lose. This is my list, hope it's of help.

270: Hat
    260: Earrings
    250: Lush Products (nice bubble bath etc)
    240: Toy
    230: PJs
    220: Something nice for the house
    210: Climb Snowdon with the dog
    205: Hair do
    200: Clothes
    190: Piercing

oooh I live fairly close to Snowdon!! from where do you hail?
  • TheLessOfMe
    Options
    Do you any hobbies? You could add to them, for example, buy a new book or something to add to your hobby. Not real creative but all I could come up with right now.
    Good luck and God bless,
    Doni
    PS, I sent you a friend invitation

yeahh I'm an avid reader but I definitely need to finish my mile long book queue before I add any more! haha