help to tone butt and legs !!! pleasee

Options
Hello, I need some advice on how to get my butt and legs in shape. Im having a hard time with this. My lower body is MUCH bigger than my upper body. I want to look proportional with my upper body, but i've never really worked out because i never had to, and now its catching up to me. So where do i start. Can someone please help or give me some advice :)

Replies

• timboom1
    timboom1 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    You can tone the muscles with any number of exercises, but if you need lose the fat then there really is no option but to run at a calorie deficit. Despite paid TV commercials, you really don't get to decide where the fat gets stored first or where it disappears from first, but if you lose fat overall, eventually it will leave the problem areas too. Mix this with some toning exercises and over time all will be good.
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I am pear shaped too. I am trying to do 2 things, 1) Workout for better health. Whatever you enjoy, do it and burn some calories. 2) Pay special attention to your upper body. With better defined shoulders and arms, I can try and balance out the hips/thighs for a more hour glass figure.

I primarily do weight lifting (Stronglifts 5x5) and have had some great results so far.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    you cna make muscles bigger (weight training)
    make muscles smaller (starving+not moving)
    or make fat smaller --> diet
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Shake weight
  • KelsLovesRando
    Options
    Jillian Michael's DVD Killer Buns and Thighs gave me results after just a week of doing Level 1! Great workout DVD. I recommend it!
  • laurensomms
    Options
    Thank you so much for the help. I'm trying to do portion control with my diet, and overall eating better. But I will give this a try. Also i have heard of the killer butt and thighs video.. my neighbor has it and raves about it.. Again thanks so much !!
  • dpure
    dpure Posts: 18
    Options
    tone doesn't really exist. you either build muscle or drop weight. to just drop weight eat a deficit, cardio if u like but you can't spot reduce.

to build muscle which in turn will speed up your metabolism and burn fat more efficiently, squats are great for the butt.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    If you gain weight in your hips and thighs, you will lose weight there. For people that gain weight proportionately they loose it the same way.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I have been using the Slim in 6 by Beachbody. It is a great workout and there is a lot of leg and waist exercises in it.

Debbie Siebers is very personable and easy to follow. I have done Jillian Michael 30 Day shred, and while I sweat more with that workout I feel these ones a lot more in my muscles. I have a ton more definition on my thighs now and I am starting to see muscles on my waist. Which to me is amazing. Lol.
  • amanda_catherine
    Options
    I walked everyday at a good pace.... and i toned mine up in no time. (i would walk up slight hills and stuff to mix it up)
  • misswager
    misswager Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    do cardio to shift fat deposits, eat healthy and do

SQUATS, LUNGES, SQUATS AND MORE LUNGES
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Lunges, squats, stairs are all exercises that I feel help me "tone up" problem areas. Good luck!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Strength training helped mine. Heavy weights, low reps. Don't worry about weight lifting making your muscles "bigger." It takes a calorie surplus and lots of work to get bigger.

rear-view-1.jpg

pink-bikini-front.jpg
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    you cna make muscles bigger (weight training)
    make muscles smaller (starving+not moving)
    or make fat smaller --> diet
    Yarp.
  • jtinker2010
    Options
    Some exercises that help butt and leg:
    Squats- Air squats, front squats, back squats
    Thrusters
    Kettlebells exercises

Any weight lifting really...check out crossfit - they have videos of all of these exercises to show you how...
    increase your intensity!

Good luck..I won the genetic lottery when it comes to legs and arms, I just lost when it comes to belly fat! So my shape is marshmallow with toothpicks sticking out!

I joined a crossfit gym again this past month and am down a couple of inches already!
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    Strength training helped mine. Heavy weights, low reps. Don't worry about weight lifting making your muscles "bigger." It takes a calorie surplus and lots of work to get bigger.

I love seeing your post. You have been one on my inspirations for wanting to hit the weights.