The Warrior

Options
Each morning I climb out of bed and begin my day. I wage my war against stress, temptation and double chocolate brownies. Each day is it's own battle. One day at a time I fight against my obesity and all the things that carried me to my own body becoming a prison- a disappointment that for years held me back. Some days I lose the battle, lose ground in my war. Other days I triumph and revel in the glory of a job well done.

My weapons in my war are a comfortable pair of gym shoes, a membership at Planet Fitness and my support community here on Fitness Pal.

I am my own worst enemy. Sometimes a little voice whispers in my ear, willing me to give up, insisting that I will fail and cannot succeed. I call this voice Old Me. Old Me is really mean. She likes to point out all of my flaws, remind me of all my failures and can be very convincing that I will never become the woman I work so hard to become.

I am a warrior in every sense of the word.

I am strong.

I am passionate about my cause.

I may lose a battle here and there but I am unwavering in my course. I WILL win this war- against obesity and Old Me. We are all warriors, each of us fighting our own battles every day against any number of things. Stay strong. Fight hard. WIN YOUR WAR.

Replies