Why do you eat?

Options
SoViLicious
SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
Do you eat to fuel your body and feel sated or do you eat for taste? I use to eat for taste. A big juicy burger would remedy any bad day for me. Now I eat to fuel my body and feel full. I hate being hungry. I rather eat four healthy foods than one tasty bad food for the same amount of calories. How about you?

Replies

• tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Do you eat to fuel your body and feel sated or do you eat for taste?

yes.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I guess I primarily eat because my body needs the fuel. Then, I make sure that what I'm eating is healthy, and absolutely delicious. I figure that since I have to eat to live, I might as well enjoy it!
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I def. eat to live more now than live to eat. A few weeks into my journey I realized that I was a boredom eater. If I got bored I would walk straight to the kitchen or if my kids were pre-occupied I would go for a snack...that I didn't have to share.

Now I keep busy. After dinner, instead of sitting and watching TV for hours, we take a walk. I go for healthy snacks or small portioned snacks if they aren't the healthiest. I find that I don't want to waste calories so I'd rather have a HUGE salad with yummy veggies on it than say a small candy bar. Not that candy bars don't have their place...but I wanna get more bang for my numbers :)
  • quietcoral
    quietcoral Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I eat for both. I really don't see the point of eating something if it doesn't taste good. I won't feel satisfied so I have to like the taste too. However, I do try to eat mostly healthy foods (that I enjoy), but sometimes I eat the unhealthy things too. All in moderation.
  • SoViLicious
    Options
    I def. eat to live more now than live to eat. A few weeks into my journey I realized that I was a boredom eater. If I got bored I would walk straight to the kitchen or if my kids were pre-occupied I would go for a snack...that I didn't have to share.

Now I keep busy. After dinner, instead of sitting and watching TV for hours, we take a walk. I go for healthy snacks or small portioned snacks if they aren't the healthiest. I find that I don't want to waste calories so I'd rather have a HUGE salad with yummy veggies on it than say a small candy bar. Not that candy bars don't have their place...but I wanna get more bang for my numbers :)

More bang for my buck!
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    I've always enjoyed the foods I'm eating now so it wasn't hard to change.
    Like many people even though high cal foods (I'm not using the word bad) are pretty darn tasty and have their place, I'd always feel hungry after and have to have something else which was even MORE calories. I'd rather have something MASSIVE that will fill my tummy and keep me full.
    Because I'm eating specifically to fuel my body I've noticed a huge change in my performance.
  • SoViLicious
    Options
    I've always enjoyed the foods I'm eating now so it wasn't hard to change.
    Like many people even though high cal foods (I'm not using the word bad) are pretty darn tasty and have their place, I'd always feel hungry after and have to have something else which was even MORE calories. I'd rather have something MASSIVE that will fill my tummy and keep me full.
    Because I'm eating specifically to fuel my body I've noticed a huge change in my performance.
    Yes
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Because it tastes so good. And around here there are few pleasures in life. We are always broke, have health issues and a special needs kid. So lingering over a tasty meal or treat seems like a vacation from the madness.
  • Exill
    Exill Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I make sure what I'm eating is healthy, but also to enjoy what I eat. I'm not going to eat something I don't like. I also don't deny myself the things I love (baked goods)! When I find something I really enjoy that is also very good for me I tend to stick with it for awhile and eat it daily.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Both. I enjoy food and have a very healthy relationship with it, but I aim to hit my macros (especially protein) to support my goal.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I eat because I need to, but mostly because I love it. The taste, texture... It's all amazing!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Do you eat to fuel your body and feel sated or do you eat for taste?

yes.
    This. They aren't mutually exclusive. It's about balance.
  • bymyslf892
    bymyslf892 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I was just like you and used to eat solely based on what I was craving and would regularly eat second dinner after a stressful day at work. Now I hardly ever eat at night and I eat based on what I know is good for me and try to keep my protein really high during my workout days. I know my body appreciates it cause I feel SO SO SO much better. great topic!
  • I eat socially, almost like a binge drinker but with pizza. On my own I prefer healthy eating but I'm very easily influenced by my friends. On my own I eat for fuel but i also make sure it tastes good. We've got taste buds, might as well treat them right!