Diet Tribe on Lifetime and chicken tender question?

Options
Does anyone watch this show? In the first season, they had a chef who showed them how to prepare healthy meals, and she had made chicken tenders coated w/ Corn Flakes and baked them in the oven. I remember it had buttermilk and the Corn Flakes, but that's it. Does anyone have this recipe or something similar?

Replies

• mistilinn
    Options
    I think you just season it to taste, dip it in the milk and then crushed corn flakes. I don't remember much else, but I was thinking about making those. I love that show.
  • kswietek
    Options
    this sounds awesome, I'd love to find the recipe. I checked online and so far haven't found anything
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Does anyone watch this show? In the first season, they had a chef who showed them how to prepare healthy meals, and she had made chicken tenders coated w/ Corn Flakes and baked them in the oven. I remember it had buttermilk and the Corn Flakes, but that's it. Does anyone have this recipe or something similar?

This is the recipe from Cook Yourself Thin. Sounds similar.

Oven-Baked Crispy Chicken Tenders (serves 4)

2 garlic cloves, smashed
    1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
    1 bay leaf
    2 teaspoons salt
    1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
    1/2 cup nonfat buttermilk
    1 pound chicken tenders (about 12)
    1 1/2 cups cornflakes, crushed to medium crumbs

1. Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
    2. In a medium bowl, combine the garlic, spices, and buttermilk. Add the chicken and turn in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
    3.Place the cornflake crumbs on a plate. Drain the chicken tenders. Pick up a chicken tender with one hand, and turn it in the cornflake coating. Using the other hand to gently press additional coating onto the sides. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Continue on in this way to coat all of the chicken pieces, arranging them on the baking sheet in a single layer.
    4. Bake at 400 degrees until firm, about 15 minutes.

If I recall correctly, the red pepper gave these a bit of a spicy kick. For non-spicy, I'd imagine you could leave out the red pepper flakes.
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    My grandmother used to make "cornflake chicken" and it was so tasty! She used chicken parts on the bone, with skin. Now I make it with skinless breasts on the bone (I find it jucier than boneless). I lightly brush canola oil of the chicken, then shake each piece in a bag of crushed cornflakes, seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, & paprika. Bake at 425 for 40 minutes. I guess you can call it the original "Shake 'n Bake" :)
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    So off topic... but is this show back??? I only caught the last 3 episodes of the first season (cable "on-demand").
  • Simone32
    Options
    I usually buy a package of 3 to 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts. I then crush around a cup and a half of corn flakes and then use an egg white with a splash of water to coat the chicken before rolling it in the crumbs. I then just sprinkle with cajun seasoning and put them on a foil lined cookie sheet. I think I bake them at 375 for around 25 minutes.
  • CountrySweetheart
    Options
    So off topic... but is this show back??? I only caught the last 3 episodes of the first season (cable "on-demand").

No, it's not back on yet. It will be in season 3 whenever it does come back on though.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options

No, it's not back on yet. It will be in season 3 whenever it does come back on though.

Oops thanks!! It must have been Season 2 I caught the last 3 episodes of. :embarassed: