Help with a recipe? Stuffed Zucchini!

Options
Hey everyone! Saturday is the farmer's market in my town and it also happens that I have a day off, so I decided to combine the two and do what I always do on my days off, which is make a dish that will give me leftovers for a few days at work.

Today I purchased an absolutely gigantic zuchinni and right away I knew I wanted to stuff that sucker. I'm going to go for boat form and already I decided to make a potato and zucchini mash with the innards and mix it with some roasted garlic (which is smooth and good and I won't really need butter)

I plan to fill the boats with a meat and tomato mixture, then spread the zucchini/potato/garlic mash on top, add a bit of cheese, and bake.

My problem is I'm stuck on what to do to the meat mixture. I'm going to buy some ground turkey and onions, and I bought some very ripe tomatoes and some green peppers...maybe I could get mushrooms too. What I'm not sure about is what sauces and such to add to the meat to make it really good with the garlic mash! I have lots of sauces/spice and can get something else if needed. Has anyone used gorgonzola cheese when making these? (Thinking of maybe a mushroom/gorgonzola/basil pesto/lentil mixture instead of tomato and then not using meat)

Basically, have you ever made stuffed zucchini, and what do you put in it?

Replies

• macy72
    macy72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I made the Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats from Skinnytaste, it was really good. There are a few other recipes using zucchini on there as well that I haven't tried yet.