Pop Tart Fitness

Options
fastbackdan
fastbackdan Posts: 21 Member
Wether you are a natural competitive bodybuilder, roided out gym rat, marathon runner, cross-fit enthusiast, or just someone who strives to look good naked, its hard to deny the overwhelmingly strong presence that Pop Tarts have established in the fitness community. These delicious toaster pastries have become relevant in the world of nutrition as chicken and brown rice. They have been the topic of much debate in all areas of nutrition; from weight loss to bulking, to insulin spiking, to preferred carb sources, etc.

My surprise however comes from the missed opportunity and profit that Kellogg's has shunned itself from. How can the advertising and marketing research teams over at Kellogg's not have caught wind of the undeniable presence their pop tarts have established within the fitness community. Imagine if they were to release a Pop Tarts line specifically targeting the fitness community. All they would have to do is simply reduce the fat and throw some whey into the mix, design a cool new packaging/wrapper (preferably black), and utilize some stupid play on words that tie into fitness. For Example: they could call the new line "Pump Tarts" or even better they can simply incorporate the play on words into their line of flavors:
Bicep Blasting Blueberry!
Shoulder Smashing Smores!
Rhomboid Rippin Rocky Road!
Calf Crushin Chocolate
Pec Punishing Peanut Butter
Hot Fudge Hamstring Sundae!
and so on and so on

just some food for thought brah

Replies

• homerguy
    homerguy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hmmm, your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter...
  • Lemoncakes
    Options
    lol Go0d Read:: Heyy not a bad idea ... if it were half the calories that they are presently maybe i would give in ... but 400 calories is wayy to0 much unless its a cheat day ...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,604 Member
    Options
    Cherry and Cinnamon are my go to's.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • aligatah
    aligatah Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'd be ALL OVER that! Great idea!
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I used to love pop tarts but I can't tell you the last time I ate them! For me they are just not worth the calories because I'm still hungry after I eat them:cry: Also the packaging is deceptive as one tart is a serving size but they put two in a package! You know you are going to eat both of them!
  • possibri
    possibri Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'd nom my way to fitness!

I think Pop Tarts are one of the treats I miss most. It'd also be awesome if they could make a gluten-free Pump Tart...

Even better, why not forget about Kelloggs and come up with your own recipe, then do a Kickstarter campaign to get the company off the ground... I'd pledge for sure!
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options

Calf Crushin Chocolate
    and so on and so on

You are all kinds of awesome! =)
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Interesting post, you did a great job on this. Love the names!

Hmmm....I lso seem to recall another recent pop tart post touting that they are loaded with ground up pig parts (gelatin.) Pop tarts must be highly talked about in fitness arenas to see two posts in one week.
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Wether you are a natural competitive bodybuilder, roided out gym rat, marathon runner, cross-fit enthusiast, or just someone who strives to look good naked, its hard to deny the overwhelmingly strong presence that Pop Tarts have established in the fitness community. These delicious toaster pastries have become relevant in the world of nutrition as chicken and brown rice. They have been the topic of much debate in all areas of nutrition; from weight loss to bulking, to insulin spiking, to preferred carb sources, etc.

My surprise however comes from the missed opportunity and profit that Kellogg's has shunned itself from. How can the advertising and marketing research teams over at Kellogg's not have caught wind of the undeniable presence their pop tarts have established within the fitness community. Imagine if they were to release a Pop Tarts line specifically targeting the fitness community. All they would have to do is simply reduce the fat and throw some whey into the mix, design a cool new packaging/wrapper (preferably black), and utilize some stupid play on words that tie into fitness. For Example: they could call the new line "Pump Tarts" or even better they can simply incorporate the play on words into their line of flavors:
    Calf Crushin Chocolate
    and so on and so on

Love this!! I love poptarts just not the calories..