Smoothie Drinkers UNITE!

Options
Has anyone out there tried the health master or comparable blenders as a way of life? When I say "as a way of life," I mean you use your blender more than once a week to eat blended foods regularly. Any sucess stories? I am seriouly thinking about getting one. Thanks! God bless!

Replies

• afgivens4
    afgivens4 Posts: 117
    Options
    I use my blender almost everyday, replacing a meal or using a shake as a snack. Love my blender!!
  • tyroneadams
    Options
    Is it a regular blender or a 200-300 dollar one's. I have a regular one and it may not be getting the job done.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I have a Vitamix but for normal every day smoothies, I have a Macy's Bella Cucina bullet. It has lasted a while and only cost $19.
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have a Ninja blender. It comes with smoothie sized cups so that you can make the smoothie in th cup, change the lid and drink out of same container. Sooo easy! Never thought I would be drinking so many meals. I am hooked. Endless possibilities! I paid 100 dollars max. Thin I got it at bed and bath.
  • endsine
    endsine Posts: 7
    Options
    Not experienced with the Health Master products. I use a Vitamix 5200 minimum 5 times a week. Monday thru Friday I start the day with a green breakfast smoothie. Yes, the Vitamix 5200 is absurdly expensive. Before we had one I scoffed at the idea that anyone would ever spend that much on the blender. After about a year of using it I’m fan and would buy another if it was stolen. It’s a beast.
  • tyroneadams
    Options
    I heard the Vitamix was a beast. Thanks man!!
  • tyroneadams
    Options
    The Ninja is on sale at Sam's Club for 119. I looks good but how long do they last? A Blendtec was "on sale" there for $380. The guy said it's worth it because it may last 20 years or so.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I need to buy a new blender that not only juices but also is a great ice crusher. Any suggestions?
    OP thanks for this post.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Love my Ninja mixer. I make a protein smoothie every evening with 1 scoop chocolate whey protein isolate, ½ cup unsweetened almond milk, ¼ cup cold water, 1 cup frozen berries, 1 tbsp natural unsweetened cocoa powder and 1 pkt Stevia. I take my time to enjoy it, too, because it's SO DAMN GOOD I don't want to reach the end.
  • tyroneadams
    Options
    How long have you had the Ninja mixer?
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am a Smoothie drinker,and love my Chris Freytag personal blender. I used almost everyday and its great.
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options

I have had it for about a year now. No problems so far. Also came with a stout pitcher container that has replaced my food processor.

Crushes ice well.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options

I've had mine for 5 months. Been using it almost every day and it does an excellent job. As jbug100 shared, it crushes ice well. It's also easy to clean.
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

i love my Vitamix!! Just got it this spring and have mostly made smoothies....but with EASE!! before with a regular blender it was a non-stop headach to get everything down to the blades to blend, but the Vitamix has a plunger that allows you to push all the food to the blades, but doesn't reach the blades itself.

Anyway, it comes iwth a cookbook, and this winter I really want to see if it makes good soup - I love making homemade soup, so it will be hard for the vitamix to compete, but if it's decent and can cook up in a hurry for lunch, I'll be using it for that too!

We eat smoothis almost once a day, and I have 3 little kids, I make breakfast with the following: Greek yogurt, banana, flax seeds, protein powder, frozen berries, spinach, cucumber, coconut oil...sometimes I add a bit of peanut butter, or a little honey
  • tyroneadams
    Options

i love my Vitamix!! Just got it this spring and have mostly made smoothies....but with EASE!! before with a regular blender it was a non-stop headach to get everything down to the blades to blend, but the Vitamix has a plunger that allows you to push all the food to the blades, but doesn't reach the blades itself.

Anyway, it comes iwth a cookbook, and this winter I really want to see if it makes good soup - I love making homemade soup, so it will be hard for the vitamix to compete, but if it's decent and can cook up in a hurry for lunch, I'll be using it for that too!

We eat smoothis almost once a day, and I have 3 little kids, I make breakfast with the following: Greek yogurt, banana, flax seeds, protein powder, frozen berries, spinach, cucumber, coconut oil...sometimes I add a bit of peanut butter, or a little honey
    I just talk to my wife and we are getting either a blendtec or a Vitamix. Great imput. Thanks.