When I started going to the gym...

Options
When I started going to the gym and working out more, I realized during the day and next day I was so hungry and felt like a bottomless pit. Does this happen to anyone else?

Replies

• ElliieMental
    Options
    Yes!! And I always crave crap food for some reason :/
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    It's your body telling you to fuel it. :-)
  • runforyourlyfe
    runforyourlyfe Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So on days that I work out a lot I should eat more?
  • slynn92185
    slynn92185 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    All of the time....
  • shirley_beans
    shirley_beans Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yes, it means you need some more fuel. But don't reach for junk-try high protein snacks such as Greek Yogurt, or sprinkle some nuts or legumes on your salad. Also try healthy, non-refined carbohydrates. Personally, my favorite after gym snack are apple slices and peanut butter. The high protein content and presence of fats in the peanut butter combined with the fiber of the apple fill you up and are so satisfying.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    So on days that I work out a lot I should eat more?

Yes. And you'll find that if you eat sooner rather than later, you'll make better choices. If I wait too long it's SuperSize Me time.
  • runforyourlyfe
    runforyourlyfe Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all ya'lls help :)
  • khud13
    khud13 Posts: 2
    Options
    I had the exact same thing! I have actually found it easier to just use walking as my exercise otherwise I really struggle to keep my appetitie under control and find myself eating the wrong things. I am not complaining though as it means I dont have to go on horrific runs anymore!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    It's your body telling you to fuel it. :-)

Ding ding ding.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I eat some small amount of protein about an hour before I exercise so I'm just usually thirsty after exercising.